|Meaning||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used.|
Satoru can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 悟る, "be spiritually awakened" or "attain higher perception"
- as a given name
- 悟, "enlightenment"
- 聡, "smart"
- 智, "wisdom"
- 知, "knowledge"
- 了, "understanding"
- 哲, "philosophy"
- 聖, "virtuous"
- 暁, "daybreak"
People with the name
- Satoru Abe (born 1926), American painter and sculptor
- Satoru Akahori (あかほり さとる, born 1965), Japanese scriptwriter, novelist and manga author
- Satoru Asako (浅子 覚, born 1971) Japanese professional wrestler
- Satoru Hayashi (林 慧, born 1988), Japanese footballer
- Satoru Higashi (東 悟, born 1963), Japanese boxer
- Satoru Ienishi (家西 悟, born 1960), Japanese politician
- Satoru Inoue (井上 悟, born 1971), Japanese sprinter
- Satoru Iwata (岩田 聡, 1959-2015), fourth president and CEO of Nintendo
- Satoru Kawahara (河原 智), Japanese table tennis player
- Satoru Kobayashi (disambiguation), multiple people
- Satoru Komiyama (小宮山 悟, born 1965), Japanese professional baseball player
- Satoru Kōsaki (神前 暁, born 1974), Japanese music composer
- Satoru Matsuhashi (松橋 暁, born 1961), Japanese ski jumper
- Satoru Misawa (三沢 悟, born 1943), Japanese ice hockey player
- Satoru Miyano (宮野 悟, born 1954), Japanese bioinformatician
- Satoru Miyoshi (三好 悟, born 1963), Japanese rower
- Satoru Mizushima (水島 総, born 1949), Japanese film maker
- Satoru Nakajima (中嶋 悟, born 1953), Japanese racing driver
- Satoru Nakano (中野 悟, born 1947), Japanese swimmer
- Satoru Noda (artist) (野田 サトル), Japanese manga artist
- Satoru Noda (footballer) (野田 知, born 1969), Japanese footballer
- Satoru Okada (岡田 智), general manager of Nintendo Research & Engineering
- Satoru Otomo (大友 哲, born 1957), a Japanese astronomer
- Satoru Sakaguchi (阪口 悟, born 1978), Japanese shogi player
- Satoru Sasaki (佐々木 悟, born 1985), Japanese long-distance runner
- Satoru Sayama (佐山 聡, born 1957), Japanese professional wrestler
- Satoru Shibata (柴田 聡, born 1962), president of Nintendo of Europe
- Satoru Tanigawa (谷川 聡, born 1972), Japanese hurdler
- Satoru Terao (寺尾 悟, born 1975), Japanese speed skater
- Satoru Yamagishi (山岸 智, born 1983), Japanese football player
- Yamamoto Satoru (山本 悟, 1925–2006), Grand Chamberlain of Japan
- Satoru Yoshida (吉��� 悟, born 1970), Japanese footballer
- Satoru Akashi (明石 暁), the main hero of the tokusatsu series GoGo Sentai Boukenger
- Satoru Furuya (降谷 暁), a character in the manga and anime series Ace of Diamond
- Satoru Hani (羽仁 悟), a character in the manga and anime series Shion no Ō
- Satoru Ikaruga (悟), the main character in the manga series D-Live!!
- Satoru Kanzaki (悟), a character in the manga and anime series Area 88
- Satoru Ohkura (大蔵 智), a character in the Japanese drama Atashinchi no Danshi
- Satoru Kamio (神尾 悟), a character in the manga and anime series Gingitsune
- Satoru Fujinuma (藤沼 悟), the main character in the manga, anime, and film Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
- Satoru Arihara (在原 暁), the main character in the visual novel RIDDLE JOKER
- Satoru Akefu (明負 悟), a major antagonist in the eighth part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series JoJolion
- 8485 Satoru, a main-belt asteroid
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|