This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
No issues specified. Please specify issues, or remove this template.
|Sathyabama University, Sathyabama Engineering College|
|Motto||Justice, Peace, Revolution|
|Chancellor||Dr.Maria Zeena Johnson|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr.T. Sasi Prabha|
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (SIST), formerly Sathyabama University, is a private deemed to be university, situated at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1987 as Sathyabama Engineering College by Jeppiaar and received its deemed to be university status in 2001.
The university is in Sholinganallur about 15 km from Adyar in Chennai. It has a campus of 400 acres. The university is located on Rajiv Gandhi Salai (formerly known as Old Mahabalipuram Road and popularly known as IT Corridor).
Accreditation and certification
The University is accredited by the governing body, National Buildings Organisation (NBO), Computer science engineering department latestly got the privilege of being accredited by NBO.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2020)||61|
|NIRF (Universities) (2020)||39|
|Engineering – India|
Sathyabama offers visits to companies. Some of the activities like Industrial Visit, Inplant Training, Advisory Bureau for Higher Studies, Entrepreneur Development Cell, Guest Lectures, Foreign Language Classes.
Centre for nanoscience and nanotechnology
The Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology was established in January 2006. The Centre was upgraded in 2011 with Advanced research Instrumentation facilities like FE-SEM, XRD, E-beam, DC thermal, RF, AFM, PLD, etc. The centre has a team of Scientists working in the area of Material Sciences, Thin Film Coatings, Nanofabrications, Environmental Nanotechnology, Concrete Research, Marine Biotechnology, Nanobiotechnology and Molecular Medicine, Nanomedical Sciences and Drug Discovery, Polymer Chemistry etc.
- "NAAC Peer Team Draft Report of 2006". NAAC Peer Team. 25–27 September 2006. Archived from the original on 12 January 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Deemed University Status". University Grants Commission (India). 16 July 2001. Archived from the original on 27 July 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Reaching Sathyabama". Sathyabama University. 2009. Archived from the original on 17 January 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "NAAC Accreditation for Universities in Tamil Nadu". National Assessment and Accreditation Council. 2007. Archived from the original on 6 January 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "ISO Certification". Sathyabama. 6 October 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "Sathyabama University - The Basic Information that you need to know". Archived from the original on 11 March 2014.
- "Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (CNSNT)". centrefornanotechnology.com. Archived from the original on 5 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sathyabama University.|