Sellers at the 2018 New York Mini 10K
|Born||July 10, 1991|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Event(s)||10,000 metres, Marathon|
|College team||Weber State University|
|Coached by||Paul Pilkington|
|Achievements and titles|
Sarah Sellers (née Callister, born July 10, 1991) is an American long-distance runner.
Sellers ran at Weber State University from 2009-12 where she was a nine-time Big Sky Conference champion, before a stress fracture of her left navicular bone forced her to cut her college career short. Her primary collegiate events were the 5K and 10K, while also competing in cross-country.
In her marathon debut, she won the Huntsville Marathon in Utah to qualify for the 2018 Boston Marathon. At the 2018 Boston Marathon, she finished second to earn $75,000. Her coach is Paul Pilkington (a marathon runner who won the LA marathon even though he was a pacer). The NYRR announced on May 8, 2018 that Sarah Sellers will be running in the NYRR Mini 10k race in Central Park at 8am on June 9, 2018.
- Judd, Brandon (16 April 2018). "Former Weber State runner Sarah Callister Sellers takes second in Boston Marathon, highest finish for a Utah native".
- "The Nurse Who Took a Very Different Route to 2nd Place in the Boston Marathon". 17 April 2018.
- "Everyone's asking who the random Boston Marathon runner-up is".
- "Second-place finisher Sarah Sellers was a 2018 Boston Marathon surprise". 16 April 2018.
- "This Marathoner No Silly Rabbit - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1994-03-10. Retrieved 2011-09-27.
- "Who is Boston Marathon runner-up Sarah Sellers? - The Boston Globe".