|Founded||November 9, 2006|
|Headquarters||Foster City, California, U.S.|
Number of locations
|3 studios (2018)|
|Products||Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time|
Number of employees
Sanzaru Games, Inc. is an American video game development company that founded in Foster City, California in 2007. Sanzaru also has a satellite studio based in Ottawa, Ontario called Kitazaru, as well as an office in Dublin, California. The company name is based on the three wise monkeys (called sanzaru in Japan).
Their first game was Ninja Reflex, released on March 1, 2008 for PC, Nintendo DS and Wii. Their second game was a port of the High Impact Games developed PlayStation Portable game Secret Agent Clank, released on May 26, 2009 for PlayStation 2. Their third game was a high definition remastered collection of the Sly Cooper games originally developed by Sucker Punch Productions for the PlayStation 2, titled The Sly Collection and released on November 9, 2010 for PlayStation 3. Their fourth game was Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident, which they assisted in development with Big Fish Games on, was released on June 27, 2011 for Wii. Their fifth game is Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, which was set to be released late 2012, but was delayed to February 2013. Their latest game was revealed as a remake of Spyro: Year of the Dragon, which was included in the Spyro Reignited trilogy.
On 10 October 2019, the company released Asgard's Wrath, an epic AAA VR action adventure title on the Oculus Rift. It was critically praised by various media such as IGN, UploadVR and VRFocus.
|Game title||Release date||Platform(s)|
|Ninja Reflex||2008||Wii, Nintendo DS, PC|
|Secret Agent Clank||2009||PlayStation 2|
|Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident||2010||Wii|
|The Sly Collection||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita|
|Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time||2013|
|Bentley's Hackpack||PS3, PS Vita, Android, iOS|
|God of War Collection||2014||PS Vita|
|Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal||Nintendo 3DS|
|Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice||2016|
|VR Sports Challenge|
|Tron RUN/r||PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Marvel Powers United VR||2018||Oculus Rift|
|Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Year of the Dragon)||PS4, Xbox One|
|2019||PC, Nintendo Switch|
|Asgard's Wrath||Oculus Rift|
- "about us". Sanzaru Games. Archived from the original on 28 May 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Sanzaru Games Inc". Gamasutra. Think Services. Archived from the original on 6 June 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Sanzaru Hits 60!". Sanzaru Games. 16 November 2010. Archived from the original on 29 June 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Facebook acquires Sanzaru Games". 25 February 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Moriarty, Colin (20 April 2013). "ESRB Rates The Sly Collection for PlayStation Vita". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- ""Dark Manor" goes World Wide". Sanzaru Games. 6 July 2013. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Bentley's Hackpack arrives on iOS and Android!!". Sanzaru Games. 16 January 2014. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "SEGA Launches New Franchise Strategy for Sonic the Hedgehog with Sonic Boom". SEGA Blog. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Announcing Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice!". SEGA Blog. 9 June 2015. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Oculus unveils batch of new games designed for Rift VR headset". Polygon. 11 June 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "What little you can play of TRON Run/r is kind of cool". PC Gamer. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2016.