In 2012, she was elected to the City Council of Tampere with 826 votes. She was the chairperson of the City Council from 2013 to 2017. In 2017, she was re-elected to the City Council with 5,783 votes. She is also member of the Assembly of the Council of Tampere Region.
Marin was elected second Vice President of the Social Democratic Party in 2014. In 2015, she was elected to the Parliament of Finland from the electoral district of Pirkanmaa with 10,911 votes. She is currently member of the Grand Committee and the Legal Affairs Committee of the Parliament.
Marin is expecting a child with her long-time partner Markus Räikkönen.
- Sanna Marin Parliament of Finland (in Finnish). Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Kuka Sanna? Sanna Marin's website. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Candidates elected Tampere Ministry of Justice of Finland. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "Elected". vaalit.fi. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- Candidates elected Ministry of Justice of Finland. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Sanna Marin Parliament of Finland (in English). Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Kansanedustaja Sanna Marinin raskaus etenee – sivuposeeraus paljastaa 27-viikkoisen vauvavatsan: ”Hehkut onnellisuutta” Ilta-Sanomat. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
|This article about a Finnish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|