|Location||N. Dakota St.|
Vermillion, SD 57069
|Owner||University of South Dakota|
|Operator||University of South Dakota|
|Opened||August 30, 2016|
|Construction cost||$73 million|
|South Dakota men's basketball (2016– )|
South Dakota women's basketball (2016– )
South Dakota volleyball (2016– )
The Sanford Coyote Sports Center is an indoor arena located on the campus of the University of South Dakota (USD) in Vermillion, South Dakota. The facility opened in 2016 and hosts the university's men's basketball, women's basketball, and women's volleyball teams. It has a seating capacity of 6,000. The center is named after a major supporter of the athletic program, Sanford Health, which donated $20 million to help with construction of the facility.
The facility is connected to the DakotaDome, which had previously been home to all of the new arena's main tenants and remains home to Coyote football, track & field, and swimming & diving. In addition to the main arena, it houses athletic department offices, training and meeting facilities, two practice courts, a video production room that controls display boards at all USD sports venues, and an area set aside for future expansion of the USD occupational and physical therapy programs. Additionally, it includes luxury boxes that allow their fans to watch events at both the Sanford Coyote Sports Center and DakotaDome.
- "University of South Dakota Athletics - Sanford Coyote Sports Center".
- "USD arena likely to be named Sanford Coyote Sports Center".
- Harkness, Jeff (August 6, 2016). "A Look Inside the New Sanford Coyote Sports Center at USD". Sioux Falls, SD: ESPN 99.1. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Ellenbolt, Gary (August 31, 2016). "USD Opens Sanford Coyote Sports Center With Volleyball Win". SDPB Radio. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Palmquist, Chris (August 30, 2016). "South Dakota opens Sanford Coyote Sports Center with volleyball win". Sioux City, IA: KCAU-TV. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
|This article about a sports venue in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|