Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Occupation||Television and film producer|
Sandra Levyis an Australian film and television producer who has worked in both public and commercial television.
After a short period as a school teacher, Levy joined the ABC as a trainee. In 1987 she was promoted to head of drama at ABC TV. From 1989 to 1998 she was head of drama at Southern Star Endemol. Levy returned to the ABC as director of television from 2001 to 2005. During her stewardship the audience increased 24 per cent, due to the production of programs including Kath and Kim, Spicks and Specks, Enough Rope and The Chaser. In 2006 she joined Channel 9 as head of drama and a year later took over from Malcolm Long as CEO of the Australian Film, Television and Radio School for two four-year terms, stepping down on 24 June 2015.
- Palace of Dreams (miniseries) (1985)
- The Alien Years (miniseries) (1988)
- True Believers (miniseries) (1988)
- Police Rescue (series) 1989–1996)
Honours and recognition
Levy was made an Officer of the Order of Australia in the 2014 Queen's Birthday Honours for "distinguished service to the arts as a film and television director and producer, and through strategic leadership and educational roles".
- "Levy, Sandra". The Encyclopedia of Women and Leadership in Twentieth-Century Australia. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- "Levy, Sandra". The Australian Women's Register. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- "Levy succeeds Long at film school: producer and former TV executive Sandra Levy takes on the AFTRS directorship.(PEOPLE)(appointment of Sandra Levy,Catherine Millar at Australian Film Television and Radio School)(Brief article)", Encore Magazine, Reed Business Information Ltd, 25 (7): 7(1), 1 July 2007, ISSN 0815-2063
- "2014–2015 Annual Report" (PDF). 2015: 6. Cite journal requires
- "Two Honorary Doctorates awarded for outstanding contributions". Macquarie University. 14 April 2010. Archived from the original on 25 March 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2021.
- "Ms Sandra LEVY". It's An Honour. Retrieved 12 January 2021.