Sykes at WonderCon 2017
|Relatives||Diana Gabaldon (mother)|
His debut trilogy of novels, the Aeons' Gate series, was appreciated by critics for its characterization and dialogue, and for its deconstruction of standard fantasy tropes, but criticized for its meandering, derivative plot.
Aeons' Gate series
- Tome of the Undergates (2010), ISBN 978-1616142421
- Black Halo (2011), ISBN 978-1616143558
- The Skybound Sea (2012), ISBN 978-1616146764
- "Name the Beast", short story in the 2013 cross-genre anthology Dangerous Women
Bring Down Heaven series
- The City Stained Red (2015) 
- The Mortal Tally (2016)
- God's Last Breath (2017)
The Grave of Empires series
- Seven Blades in Black (April 2019)
- The Gallows Black (May 2019), a short novella set after Seven Blades of Black
- "FROM SCIENCE TO FICTION". Northern Arizona University. May 2012. Archived from the original on 11 November 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Cilli, Dominic (2010). "Tome of the Undergates". SF Site. Archived from the original on 12 May 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- Shurin, Jared (21 May 2013). "New Releases: The Skybound Sea by Sam Sykes". Pornokitsch. Archived from the original on 19 July 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Dangerous Women Arrives on Tor.com". Tor.com. July 24, 2013. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- "The City Stained Red - Sam Sykes". 10 July 2014. Archived from the original on 17 October 2014.
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|