Samuel Harry Strike
18 January 1994
M.I. High (2013–14)
Give Out Girls (2014)
Silent Witness (2016)
Life and career
Strike was born in Southend-on-Sea, Essex. He starred in two revival series of CBBC's M.I. High as Dan Morgan from 2013–14. In 2014, Strike guest starred in episode two of comedy series Give Out Girls as 15-year-old named Luke, whom Marilyn dates. Strike was voted the 18th hottest lad of 2014 in a fan vote ran by sugarscape.com.
In 2013, Strike was cast in his most famous role to date playing Johnny Carter in the BBC soap opera EastEnders. Strike's character was introduced as part of the Carter family. He is the son of Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) and Linda Carter (Kellie Bright). He made his first appearance on 26 December 2013.
His portrayal of Johnny was met with critical praise, specifically the scenes where Johnny came out to his father. Both Strike's and Dyer's sensitive performances during this scene were praised. On this particular scene, Strike said, "With that scene where Johnny comes out to Mick, I was really nervous the night it aired, because you want it to look convincing but then you want to do justice by the people that have been there and done it. It was a real proving ground for me, because it was the first time I actually had to do any proper drama acting." In an online video on the official website, Strike said, "I've had letters and Danny's had letters saying that we'd helped people to come out, and it makes things worth it."
On 14 November 2014, Strike announced that he would be leaving EastEnders and that he had already filmed his final scenes. His character departed on 23 December 2014 but made a special appearance on 25 December episode.
After Strike's departure, EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins said that he has no plans to recast the character of Johnny and that the "door is wide open" for Strike to return. He also added that he would "hope that Sam would come back". However, in February 2016 it was announced that the character would be recast to a new actor, with Ted Reilly taking over the role in April.
Current projects (2015–present)
Strike was cast in crime drama film Bonded by Blood 2, which was released 2 January 2017.
Strike starred in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre prequel Leatherface, alongside Stephen Dorff. The film revolves around a teenage Leatherface, who escapes from a mental hospital with three other inmates. It was written by Seth M. Sherwood and directed by Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo. Filming began 18 May 2015 in Bulgaria and ended on 19 June 2015. He also starred in Silent Witness in January 2016, and began filming for the Monster Party Movie in 2017. Strike found success on US television almost immediately, having guest roles in popular series Timeless and Mindhunter. He played the telepath Thale in the science fiction series Nightflyers.
|2013-2014||M.I. High||Daniel "Dan" Morgan/ Billy||Main cast: Series 6–7 (26 episodes)|
|2013-2014||EastEnders||Johnny Carter||Series regular (122 episodes)|
|2015||The Dog Ate My Homework||Panelist||Series 2, episode 7|
|2014||Give Out Girls||Luke||Series 1, episode 2 "The Hot Boy"|
|2016||Silent Witness||David Hamilton||Series 19, episode 1 and 2 "After the Fall: Part 1/Part 2"|
|Timeless||Clyde Barrow||Episode: "The Last Ride of Bonnie & Clyde"|
|2017||Mindhunter||Montie Rissell||Episode 4|
|TBA||The Dark Tower||Roland Deschain / The Gunslinger|
|2010||Stitches (Student Film)||Protagonist|
|2017||Bonded by Blood 2||Dean Boshell|
|2009–2010||Jesus Christ Superstar||Judas|
|2014||On Set With...Sam Strike||Himself||Web mini-series|
Awards and nominations
|2014||British Soap Award||Spectacular Scene of the Year (Johnny comes out to Mick, with Danny Dyer)||EastEnders||Won|
|Attitude Award||Media Recognition Award (Johnny comes out to Mick, with Danny Dyer)||Won|
- Rigby, Sam (29 October 2013). "'EastEnders': First picture of Danny Dyer's Carter family". Digital Spy. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Brown, David (29 October 2013). "Danny Dyer's new Walford family – first look cast picture". Radio Times. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Martin, William (27 December 2012). "Sam Strike ('MI High') interview". cultbox.co.uk. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Eames, Tom (21 October 2014). "EastEnders' Sam Strike joins Diana Vickers in Give Out Girls". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "SUGARSCAPE'S HOTTEST LADS 2014: THE RESULTS". sugarscape.com. Archived from the original on 26 November 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (14 February 2014). "EastEnders' Sam Strike proud of Johnny Carter plot reaction". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "On set with... Sam Strike". BBC Online. 14 February 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Strike, Sam [@SamStrike] (14 November 2014). "Thanks for all the love this year guys. Means the world. Decided to bow out. couldn't have done it without you all . thanks" (Tweet). Retrieved 17 September 2017 – via Twitter.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (5 December 2014). "EastEnders: 4981: 2014-12-23". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (22 December 2014). "EastEnders boss: 'Door wide open for Sam Strike return'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Brown, David (6 February 2016). "EastEnders to recast the role of Johnny Carter". Radio Times. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "BONDED BY BLOOD 2 (2017)". directorgreghall.com. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Have the “INSIDE” Duo Found Their “LEATHERFACE”?
- Young Leatherface Found for Prequel?
- "Leatherface". upcominghorrormovies.com. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "George R. R. Martin's 'Nightflyers' Scores Series Order at Syfy, Sets Cast". 4 January 2018.
- Martin, William (16 August 2013). "'MI High' to return for Series 7 in 2014". cultbox.co.uk. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Johnny Carter". BBC. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Love, Ryan (14 April 2015). "Ex-EastEnders actor Sam Strike to guest star in new Silent Witness". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Li, Shirley (27 October 2016). "Timeless to feature Bonnie and Clyde, casts criminal couple". ew.com. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Sam Strike – Mandy Actors". actors.mandy.com. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "On set with... Sam Strike". BBC. 14 February 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.