|Born:||10 October 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||203 lb (92��kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Irwin-Hill, attended high school in Bendigo, Australia, where he practiced Australian rules football. He started learning American football in an Academy called PROKICK Australia and one of his teammates was Tom Hornsey.
Irwin-Hill accepted a football scholarship from the City College of San Francisco. As a freshman, he was the team's punter, averaging 40.6 yards per punt, while helping the Rams win the CCCAA state title with a perfect 12-0 record.
Being an ambidextrous punter, he could kick with either leg. As a sophomore, he punted 44 attempts for an average of 41.7 yards per punt, including a long of 77 yards and downed 15 punts inside the 20-yard line. He helped the team advance to the CCCAA championship game, finishing the year with a 10-2 mark. He received first-team Junior college All-American honors.
He transferred to the University of Arkansas after his sophomore season in 2013. As a junior, he appeared in 12 games, averaging 44.3 yards (third in the conference) in 46 punt attempts. He led the SEC with 20 punts inside the opponent's 20-yard line.
As a senior, he appeared in 13 games, averaging 40.1 yards in 58 punt attempts and dropped 27 punts inside the opponent's 20-yard line. He rushed twice for 74 yards, including a 51-yard touchdown run against Texas A&M. He finished his collegiate career with a total of 4,365 yards on 104 punt attempts.
On April 17, 2017, Irwin-Hill was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Cowboys, where he was tried at both placekicker and punter. He had previously attended minicamp on a tryout basis with the Indianapolis Colts in 2015 and 2016.
San Diego Fleet
On October 26, 2018, Irwin-Hill signed with the San Diego Fleet. He suffered an injury before the start of the 2019 season and was placed on the roster exempt list on January 30. After missing the season opener due to travel visa issues, he was activated on February 12. He played until the league folded in April.
- "Cowboys Sign Former Arkansas Punter Sam Irwin-Hill". DallasCowboys.com. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "Cowboys Add Punter Sam Irwin-Hill". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "Cowboys Sign P Sam Irwin-Hill". FanragSports.com. Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- "Dallas Cowboys Sign Aussie Punter Sam Irwin-Hill A Day Before NFL Draft". FoxSports.com. Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- Crabtree, Curtis (27 April 2017). "Cowboys add punter Sam Irwin-Hill". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- Wilson, Josh (8 May 2015). "Colts Begin Rookie Mini-Camp Today". stampedeblue.com. Archived from the original on 18 October 2017. Retrieved 17 October 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Bowen, Kevin (9 June 2016). "Colts Wrap Up Minicamp; Next Up Training Camp In Anderson". colts.com. Archived from the original on 18 October 2017. Retrieved 17 October 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Cardinals vs. Cowboys - Box Score - August 3, 2017 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- Phillips, Rob (2 September 2017). "Cowboys Make 38 Moves, One Trade To Reach 53; Kellen Moore Released". DallasCowboys.com.
- Czarda, Stephen (16 March 2018). "Redskins Sign Punter Sam Irwin-Hill". Redskins.com.
- "Redskins Select Adonis Alexander In Sixth Round Of Supplemental Draft, Waive Sam Irwin-Hill". Redskins.com. 11 July 2018.
- Nguyen, Alexander (26 October 2018). "San Diego Fleet Signs Two More Former Aztecs". Times of San Diego. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- Goldberg, Jeff (30 January 2019). "'It's Go time': Roster in place, Fleet excited for season debut". Alliance of American Football.
- Nguyen, Alexander (12 February 2019). "San Diego Fleet Activate Australian Punter Ahead of Saturday's Home Opener". Times of San Diego. Retrieved 18 February 2019.