|Sam Delaney's News Thing|
Sam Delaney presenting News Thing.
|Created by||RT UK|
|Presented by||Sam Delaney|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||138|
|Executive producer(s)||Ben Rigden|
|Original release||5 November 2015 –|
24 June 2018
Sam Delaney's News Thing was a weekly television programme produced by RT UK and presented by British journalist and broadcaster Sam Delaney that aired every Saturday night from November 2015 until June 2018. It comprised highly satirical comment, discussion and short sketches relating to British and international current affairs, and each episode was preceded by an onscreen warning that it is not an actual news bulletin and may contain adult language and humour.
Each show typically consisted of: three monologues from the presenter on topical issues followed by a discussion with a panel of comedians, journalists and celebrities; an interview with a political guest; video reports from comedian Bobby Mair; and other sketches. A running feature was an extract from the diaries of Jeremy Corbyn, played by character actor Alex Lowe.
On 3 June 2016, the show was guest hosted by John Prescott and temporarily titled John Prescott's News Thing. In the summer of 2017 another episode was guest hosted by Ann Widdecombe, former Conservative politician.
After 138 episodes over the last two years, Sam Delaney's News Thing aired for the final time on 24 June 2018.
Notable guests in 2015 and 2016
- Vince Cable, Liberal Democrat politician.
- Alastair Campbell, former spin doctor to Tony Blair.
- Nigel Farage, former leader of UKIP.
- Germaine Greer, feminist author.
- Neil Kinnock, former leader of the Labour Party.
- Ken Livingstone, former Mayor of London.
- John Prescott, Labour peer and former deputy prime minister.
- Shaun Ryder, frontman of Happy Mondays and Black Grape.
- Ann Widdecombe, former Conservative politician.
- "News Thing" YouTube channel, YouTube
- "News Thing" episode guide, RT UK
- "Brapocalypse". Sam Delaney's News Thing. 1 July 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016 – via RT International.
- "Migrants". Sam Delaney's News Thing. 3 March 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016 – via RT International.
- "Germaine Greer on why Britain is better in the EU". Sam Delaney's News Thing. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016 – via Studio Sixty Billion.
- "John Prescott to clash with Ken Livingstone on Russia Today". The Guardian. 3 June 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Happy Mondays star Shaun Ryder claims coked-up royal 'showed him her f****'". The Daily Star. 25 April 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "The Queen must be destroyed". Sam Delaney's News Thing. 23 April 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016 – via RT International.