21 October 1962
David Ibiyeomie attended Banham Primary School Port-Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria from 1969 to 1974 for his primary education. He went to Government Comprehensive Secondary School, Borikiri, Rivers State, Nigeria. After then he was admitted into Rivers State University, Port Harcourt for a degree course in Microbiology in 1980.
Salvation Ministries (Home Of Success)
After completing his Bible School training at Bishop David Oyedepo's Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI), Ibiyeomie started a house fellowship with his family in Victoria Island, Lagos; he later moved to Port Harcourt, Rivers State, where he started Salvation Ministries (Glorious Chapel) on April 13, 1997, with a little over twenty members in attendance.
In July 1997, the church relocated to a larger plot of land. As of 2017, Salvation Ministries averages about 50,000 attendees every Sunday at its headquarters. In February 2011, Salvation Ministries started 14 satellite churches in one day, with all running five services each.
Ibiyeomie has been controversial on multiple occasions. In January 2017 Ibiyeomie is alleged to have made prejudiced comments against the Ogoni people, leading the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People to demand that he apologise.
In March 2017, journalist Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo alleged that Ibiyeomie was having an affair with Nollywood actress Iyabo Ojo. Olunloyo was subsequently arrested and refused bail for defamation. However she has been released. Ibiyeomie strongly denies the allegations.
- Okon, Godwin (2011). "TELEVANGELISM AND THE SOCIO-POLITICAL MOBILIZATION OF PENTECOSTALS IN PORT HARCOURT". Journal of Politics and Religion. 5 (1): 61–80.
- Akpogena, Lewis. "Dr". Thewillnigeria.com. The Will Nigeria.
- "Inside Pastor David Ibiyeomie's N10 billion Salvation Ministries". Encomium. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- Olawale, Johnson. "A new record in the History Of Church Growth". Naija.ng. Naija.Ng.
- Oyibode, Austin. "MOSOP attacks popular pastor, demands apology over damaging comments".
- "Iyabo Ojo Also Got A Car Gift From Her Pastor Sugar Daddy – Kemi Olunloyo Revealed - Nigeria Today". 14 March 2017.
- Bodunrin, Sola. "Kemi Olunloyo speaks from Port Harcourt prison, alleges her arrest was over Iyabo Ojo, Pastor Ibiyeomie adultery mess".
- "Georgina Onuoha begs authorities to release Kemi Olunloyo after alleged defamation - INFORMATION NIGERIA".
- Nwachukwu, John. "Mr". Daily Post. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Pastor Ibiyiomie's Salvation Ministries reacts to Sexual Allegation Against General Overseer - Entertainment Express". 17 February 2017.