The Coast Starlight at Salinas in November 2015
|Location||11 Station Place at Railroad Avenue|
|Owned by||City of Salinas Redevelopment Agency|
|Line(s)||UP Coast Subdivision|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Greyhound, Monterey Salinas Transit|
|Passengers (2013)||229,153 4.34% (Amtrak)|
Salinas station is a passenger rail station in Salinas, California, United States. The depot, constructed in 1941 by the Southern Pacific Railroad, exhibits a pared down Spanish Revival style as influenced by the then-popular Art Deco movement. Spanish Revival elements include the red tile roof and stuccoed walls, while the Art Deco influence is visible in the rectilinear composition and clean lines.
Greyhound moved its Salinas station here in 2015.
The Transportation Agency for Monterey County has plans for expanding Caltrain commuter rail service from the station to the Bay Area by 2021, with long term plans to extend Amtrak California's Capitol Corridor as well. Local bus service will move from the Salinas Transit Center several blocks away to the expanded station which will become the Salinas Intermodal Transportation Center.
- SMA Rail Consulting (April 2016). "California Passenger Rail NETWORK SCHEMATICS" (PDF). California Department of Transportation. p. 6.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2017, State of California" (pdf). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved September 24, 2018.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2016, State of California" (pdf). Amtrak. November 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2018.
- Great American Stations. Accessed February 19, 2013.
- "Greyhound Relocates in Salinas, Calif". Greyhound.com. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- Johnson, Jim (3 August 2018). "Salinas rail extension project set for groundbreaking ceremony". Monterey Herald. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- Johnson, Jim (9 May 2018). "Salinas commuter rail extension project gets $10 million SB 1 gas tax grant". Monterey Herald. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Salinas Rail Extension". TAMC. Retrieved 2016-06-24.
- "TAMC Selects LAN as Part of Construction Management Team for Salinas Rail Extension". Mass Transit. 3 January 2018. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- Rahaim, Nick (January 5, 2017). "Frank's Fish Market will close to pave way for new Salinas train station". Monterey County Weekly.
Media related to Salinas station at Wikimedia Commons