The Sahara Invitational was a PGA Tour event that was played in Las Vegas, Nevada from 1958 to 1976. From 1958 to 1961 it was called the Sahara Pro-Am and was not an official PGA Tour event. It was played at Paradise Valley Country Club from 1970–1971; and at Sahara Nevada Country Club from 1972–1976. It was sponsored by the Sahara Hotel.
It was announced on November 4, 1976 that the Sahara Invitational was being cancelled. Edward M. Nigro, Vice President and General Manager of Hotel Sahara, cited rising costs, scheduling conflicts, and a decline in the national promotion benefit as the reasons for the tournament's cancellation. The Las Vegas Founders returned the PGA Tour to Las Vegas in 1983 with the Panasonic Las Vegas Pro Celebrity Classic, a tournament that since 2007 has been organised by the Shriners Hospitals for Children.
|1976||George Archer||United States||271||−13|
|1975||Dave Hill||United States||270||−14|
|1974||Al Geiberger||United States||273||−11|
|1973||John Mahaffey||United States||271||−13|
|1972||Lanny Wadkins||United States||273||−11|
|1971||Lee Trevino||United States||280||−8|
|1970||Babe Hiskey||United States||276||−12|
|1969||Jack Nicklaus||United States||272||−12|
|1968||Chi-Chi Rodríguez||Puerto Rico||274||−10|
|1967||Jack Nicklaus||United States||270||−14|
|1966||Jack Nicklaus||United States||282||−2|
|1965||Billy Casper||United States||269||−15|
|1964||R. H. Sikes||United States||275||−9|
|1963||Jack Nicklaus||United States||276||−8|
|1962||Tony Lema||United States||270||−14|
- 1962: Tony Lema wins the inaugural Sahara. He finishes three shots ahead of Don January.
- 1964: R. H. Sikes shoots a first round 62 on his way to a two shot triumph over defending champion Jack Nicklaus, Phil Rodgers, and Jack McGowan.
- 1967: Jack Nicklaus becomes the only Sahara champion to successfully defend his title. He wins by one shot over Steve Spray.
- 1968: Chi-Chi Rodríguez shoots a final round 64 to come from six shots back and force a sudden death playoff. He then birdies the first playoff hole to defeat Dale Douglass.
- 1969: Jack Nicklaus shoots a final round 65 to earn both his 29th PGA Tour title and fourth Sahara victory. He finishes four shots ahead of Frank Beard.
- 1971: Lee Trevino wins his 6th PGA Tour event of the year. He finishes one shot ahead of George Archer.
- 1974: Al Geiberger wins for the first time on tour since his 1966 PGA Championship triumph. He finishes three shots ahead of Jerry Heard, Wally Armstrong, Mike Hill, and Dave Hill.
- 1976: George Archer wins the last Sahara. He finishes two shots ahead of Dave Hill and Don January.