|Also called||Cupra Ateca (Performance Model) |
Jetta VS5 (China)
Volkswagen Tarek (North and Latin America)
Volkswagen Tharu (China)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact crossover SUV (J)|
|Body style||5-door sport utility vehicle|
|Layout||Transverse front-engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Platform||Volkswagen Group MQB platform|
|Related||Volkswagen Tiguan Mk2|
TDI 187 PS (138 kW) I4
|Wheelbase||2.64 m (103.9 in)|
|Length||4.36 m (171.7 in)|
|Width||1.84 m (72.4 in)|
The SEAT Ateca is a compact crossover vehicle (CUV) manufactured by Spanish automaker SEAT. It is also the successor to the SEAT Altea. The Ateca debuted as a concept vehicle, the SEAT IBX, at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, followed by the SEAT 20v20 Concept at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.
As part of Volkswagen's policy of making similar models with shared platforms in the same factory, the Ateca is produced at Škoda's production facility in Kvasiny, alongside the Škoda Karoq. The top of the range model is the Xcellence.
This model boasts leather seats, an 8 inch touchscreen, 18 inch alloy wheels and a drive setting wheel, which lets you choose from sport, normal, eco, individual, off road and snow. Mid range is the SE version, and the bottom of the range is the S version.
The Cupra performance version will be the first CUPRA product sold in Mexico.
Sales and production figures
The total production per year of SEAT Ateca cars, manufactured in SEAT and other Volkswagen group's plants, is shown in the following table:
|Total annual production||35,833||77,483||90,824|
Jetta VS5 (China)
In 2019, at the Auto Shanghai, Volkswagen announced their new youth focused brand for China, called Jetta, after the ever popular sedan sold in China, the Volkswagen Jetta. The VS5 is the first of two SUVs from the Jetta brand. The VS5 features a different front and rear design over the Ateca, however, the interior remains relatively the same.
At this current moment, the Jetta VS5 is exclusive to the market in China, with no plans for it to be sold elsewhere.
The only trim level sold is the 280TSI which uses a 1.4 litre turbocharged engine paired to a 5 speed manual and 6 speed automatic gearbox.
- "Lancement officiel de l'ATECA FR à 4.799.000 da" (in Corsican).
- "【图】家族化风格 捷达品牌两款新车官图发布_汽车之家". www.autohome.com.cn.
- "Jetta VS5 Crossover Spied Testing Far Away From China [UPDATE]". Motor1.com.
- Herman Feitsma (2016-02-11). "Wat we te weten kwamen na een interview met Seat's chef". Autobahn.
- "Say Hello To The Perfect Crossover From SUV To Sports Coupé". SEAT.
- "Seat IBX concept news - Geneva 2011: Seat IBX concept - 2011". 2011-04-01.
- "Seat 20V20 concept is a big pointy SUV". 2015-04-02.
- "New SEAT Ateca SUV revealed: pics, video and full details". 2016-02-12.
- "Volkswagen AG Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Volkswagen AG Annual Report 2017" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Volkswagen AG Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "2019 Jetta VS5 specifications".
Media related to SEAT Ateca at Wikimedia Commons