This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
S. L. Puram Sadanandan
|Born||15 April 1928|
SL Puram, Travancore
|Died||16 September 2005(aged 77)|
He has written more than 60 plays. His first drama, Kudiyirakku, was staged when he was only 16 years old. He entered the filmworld by writing the dialogues for the film Sreekovil in 1962. He had written script for famous Malayalam film of the 1960s, Chemmeen. He wrote scripts for more than 135 films and many of them won state and national awards. In 1967 he got the first ever National Film Award for Best Screenplay for the film Agniputhri.
- 1965: President's Silver Medal for Best Feature Film in Malayalam - Kavyamela
- 1967: National Film Award for Best Screenplay - Agniputhri
As the owner of the Sooryasoma drama troupe he was a tough taskmaster, says V. Mohanan, secretary of the troupe. He was particular that the actors should act as per his ideas but in his personal relations with them he was humane and always ensured that they were promptly paid.
- Vilakuranja Manushyan
- Kallu Kondoru Pennu
- Ivide Thudangunnu
- Aadhya Paadam
- "15th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- Mohammed Ashraf (September 19, 2005). "Kerala Pays Homage To Savankutty, Sadanandan". Arab News. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- "13th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- Akhilavijnanakosam; D.C.Books; Kottayam
- Sahithyakara Directory ; Kerala Sahithya Academy,Thrissur
- "S. L. Puram Sadanandan Memorial Award Winners :: Thiraseela.com". thiraseela.com. Retrieved 12 April 2019.