March 15, 1980|
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
HDD Olimpija Ljubljana
89th overall, 1998|
Ryan Jardine (born March 15, 1980) is a Canadian professional Ice Hockey Forward who is currently an unrestricted free agent who most recently played for the Cornwall River Kings of Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey (LNAH).
Born in Carleton Place, Ontario, played his Major Junior Hockey career with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League and his Junior A Ice Hockey career with the Kanata Stallions of the Canadian Junior Hockey League. Jardine was drafted 89th overall in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft by the Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League.
After spending the 2000–01 AHL season with the Louisville Panthers of the American Hockey League, Jardine played eight games for the Panthers during the 2001–02 NHL season with two Assists to his credit. Jardine played in 64 regular season games and four playoff games for the Utah Grizzlies of the American Hockey League during the 2001-02 AHL season and then spent the next three seasons with the San Antonio Rampage, also of the American Hockey League. Jardine then moved to Europe, signing with the Hamburg Freezers of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga in Germany. After one season with the Freezers, he signed with the Swedish Elitserien team Mora IK and then with the Slovenian team HDD Olimpija Ljubljana of the Erste Back Eishockey Liga. In 2007, Jardine signed with HC Interspar Bolzano-Bozen of Serie A in Italy in 2007, where he played for three seasons. On September 30, 2010, the Missouri Mavericks of the Central Hockey League signed Jardine for the 2010-2011 Central Hockey League season.
On September 3, 2011, Jardine signed with Lørenskog IK of GET-ligaen. On September 21, 2011, after playing two games and accumulating 2 Assists for Lørenskog IK, Jardine was granted his request to be released by the team for familial reasons. On October 2, 2011, Jardine signed with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League. On October 3, 2011, Jardine returned to the Mavericks, the Wolves' new Central Hockey League affiliate, after being assigned to it by the Wolves. On September 8, 2012, Jardine returned to the Mavericks for the 2012-13 season by directly signing with the team.
In July 2014, Missouri Mavericks fans voted Jardine the fourth-greatest Mavericks player in a poll of the Top-10 Mavericks players from the first 5 years of the team's existence.
- "Ryan Jardine player profile". eliteprospects.com. 2013-03-02. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Ryan Jardine Returns to Mavericks; Mike Berry Released". OurSportsCentral.com. October 3, 2011. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- "Mavericks Sign Former NHL Draft Pick Ryan Jardine". OurSportsCentral.com. September 30, 2010. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- "Soo Greyhounds Grad Back To Europe For 2011-12". OHLAlumniCentral.com. September 13, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2012.
- "GET-Ligaen 2011/2012". InternationalHockey.net. September 21, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2012..
- "Wolves Sign Two". Chicago Wolves. October 2, 2011. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- "Mavericks Bring Back Ryan Jardine and Jordan Foreman". OurSportsCentral.com. September 8, 2012. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Hambleton, Todd (August 1, 2013). "Boots Laces up Skates for Cornwall River Kings". Cornwall Standard Freeholder.
- "MISSOURI MAVERICKS TOP 10 VOTE: THE RESULTS". Missouri Mavericks. July 14, 2014. Archived from the original on August 9, 2014. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- Althaus, Bill (July 12, 2014). "Mavs to Reveal All-Time Top 10". The Examiner. Archived from the original on August 9, 2014. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- Althaus, Bill (July 18, 2014). "Missouri Mavericks All-Time Top 10 - No. 4 Ryan Jardine". The Examiner. Retrieved August 2, 2014.