Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party is the most controversial of Bellant's books and the most widely cited. Chris Simpson wrote in the preface, "This book presents some of the best new research into the seamy side of the 'Reagan Revolution.' Russ Bellant's careful dissection of the American Security Council Foundation and of certain Republican Party organizations clearly establishes that neo-fascist thinking is flourishing among some of the right-wing activists who today drape themselves in the American flag."
The Harvard Educational Review calls Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party an important book "which exposes the roots and growth of domestic fascist networks." In the same book Bellant documents Nazi involvement in the Ukraine; The Nation said "Bellant's exposure of émigré Nazi leaders from Germany's World War II allies in the 1988 Bush presidential campaign was the driving force in the announced resignation of nine individuals, two of them from Ukraine". Former Office of Special Investigations director Allan A. Ryan called it, "Well-documented, and reliable".
- 1991 Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party, South End Press, Boston, MA, ISBN 0896084191 Bellant has made the book readable online at no cost: https://www.russbellant.us/
- The Coors Connection: How Coors Family Philanthropy Undermines Democratic Pluralism. Boston, Massachusetts: South End Press. 1991. ISBN 0896084175. ISBN 9780896084179. Bellant has made the book readable online at no cost: book readable online at no cost: https://www.russbellant.us/
- 1996 The Religious Right in Michigan Politics, Americans for Religious Liberty, Silver Spring, MD, OCLC 37656468
- 1984 with Chip Berlet "LaRouche Loses Libel Suit", The Guardian, NY, November 14, 1984
- 1982 with Chip Berlet and Dennis King, "LaRouche Cult Continues to Grow: Researchers Call for Probe of Potentially Illegal Acts", The Public Eye, Vol. III, Issues 3 & 4
- scribd.com[dead link]
- Harvard Educational Review review of Old Nazis, the new right, and the Republican party
- Seven Decades of Nazi Collaboration: America's Dirty Little Ukraine Secret by Paul H. Rosenberg An interview with Russ Bellant, The Nation and Foreign Policy in Focus, March 28, 2014
- The Nizkor Project Archives, people: bellant, russ
- Internet Movie Data base: Russ Bellant