|Directed by||Hamish Grieve|
|Produced by||Brad Booker|
|Based on||Monster on the Hill|
by Rob Harrell
|Music by||Lorne Balfe|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Rumble is an upcoming American computer-animated sports comedy film directed by Hamish Grieve. The film stars the voices of Will Arnett, Terry Crews, Geraldine Viswanathan, Joe "Roman Reigns" Anoa'i, Tony Danza, Becky Lynch, Susan Kelechi Watson, Stephen A. Smith, Jimmy Tatro, and Ben Schwartz. Produced by Paramount Animation, WWE Studios, Walden Media and Reel FX Animation Studios, it is scheduled to be released in the United States on February 18, 2022, by Paramount Pictures.
In a world where giant monsters and humans collide, the monsters are superstar athletes and compete in a popular professional wrestling global sport called Monster Wrestling. A young girl named Winnie (Geraldine Viswanathan) seeks to follow in her father's footsteps as a manager by coaching a lovable underdog yet-inexperienced monster named Steve (Will Arnett). Winnie plans to turn Steve into a champion so that he can go up against the reigning champion Tentacular (Terry Crews).
- Geraldine Viswanathan as Winnie McEvoy, an aspiring 17-year-old monster wrestling trainer.
- Will Arnett as Steve, a giant red reptilian monster and amateur wrestler.
- Terry Crews as Tentacular, a shark-headed tentacled monster who is the reigning Monster Wrestling champion.
- Fred Melamed as the mayor
- Charles Barkley as Rayburn Sr.
- Chris Eubank as King George
- Bridget Everett as Lady Mayhem
- Becky Lynch
- Roman Reigns
- Ben Schwartz
- Jimmy Tatro
- Tony Danza
- Susan Kelechi Watson
- Carlos Gómez
- Stephen A. Smith
- Michael Buffer
On April 25, 2018, the film was announced with the title Monster On The Hill, based on the 2013 graphic novel of the same name by Rob Harrell, at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. The title was subsequently changed to Rumble.
The first group of casting was announced where it consisted of Geraldine Viswanathan, Will Arnett, and Terry Crews. Becky Lynch, Roman Reigns, Ben Schwartz, Jimmy Tatro, Tony Danza, Susan Kelechi Watson, Carlos Gómez, Charles Barkley, Chris Eubank, Bridget Everett, Michael Buffer, and Stephen A. Smith have been cast in the film.
On September 19, 2019, the film was scheduled to be released on July 31, 2020. On November 12, 2019, the release date was pushed to January 29, 2021. On October 27, 2020, the release date was then moved to May 14, 2021, and later to February 18, 2022, all as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The film will be available to stream on Paramount+ 45 days after it releases in theatres.
- "Let's Get Ready To Rumble". Paramount Animation. February 18, 2022. Retrieved January 28, 2021.
- . Paramount Animation. February 18, 2022 http://www.paramountanimation.com/posts/rumble-gets-a-new-date-in-2022. Retrieved April 1, 2021. Missing or empty
- Jackson, Angelique (September 1, 2020). "Charles Barkley, Chris Eubank and Bridget Everett Join Paramount Animation's 'Rumble' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved September 1, 2020.
- Giardina, Carolyn (April 25, 2018). "Paramount Grows Its Animation Slate With 'Monster on the Hill,' 'Luck'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 26, 2020.
- Anthony D'Alessandro (September 19, 2019). "Paramount Animation & WWE Studios Partner For Upcoming Feature 'Rumble'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2019-09-23.
- Pedersen, Erik (November 12, 2019). "Paramount Grounds 'Rugrats' Movie, Moves WWE's 'Rumble' Back Six Months & Titles Next 'SpongeBob' Pic". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- Hipes, Patrick (28 October 2020). "Paramount's Animated 'Rumble' Release Date Moves Deeper Into 2021". Deadline. Retrieved 28 October 2020.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (January 27, 2021). "Paramount Pushes Animated Pic 'Rumble' To 2022". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 28, 2021.
- dlathwal3 (2021-01-28). "Film Paramount Animation's movie 'Rumble' Delayed to 2022". moviesinner. Retrieved 2021-03-15.
- Kit, Borys (February 24, 2021). "'A Quiet Place Part II,' 'Mission: Impossible 7' to Debut on Paramount+ 45 Days After Theatrical Launch". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 24, 2021.