|Member of the New Jersey Assembly from the 16th District|
|Assumed office |
January 9, 2018
Serving with Andrew Zwicker
|Preceded by||Jack Ciattarelli|
|Born||April 30, 1959|
|Residence||Hillsborough Township, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||State University of New York at Oneonta|
Brunel University London
Roy Freiman (born April 30, 1959) is an American Democratic Party politician who has represented the 16th Legislative District in the New Jersey General Assembly since 2018, replacing Jack Ciattarelli, who did not seek re-election to his seat in order to run unsuccessfully for Governor of New Jersey in the 2017 primaries.
A resident of Hillsborough Township, Freiman graduated from the State University of New York at Oneonta with a bachelor's degree in business finance and attended Brunel University London. He is a Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant. He worked for more than 20 years at Prudential Financial, where he was a vice president of strategy and analytics. Freiman served in 2017 on the Hillsborough Township Sustainability Committee.
New Jersey Assembly
In the November 2017 general election, with Jack Ciattarelli leaving the Assembly in his unsuccessful run for the gubernatorial nomination, Freiman (with 32,714 votes; 26.0% of all ballots cast) and his running mate, incumbent Andrew Zwicker (with 34,233; 27.2%), defeated Republican challengers Mark Caliguire (29,041; 23.1%) and Donna Simon (29,674; 23.6%) to win both Assembly seats from the district for the Democrats.
- Commerce and Economic Development
- Financial Institutions and Insurance
- Transportation and Independent Authorities
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The representatives from the 16th District for the 2018-2019 Legislative Session are:
|Republican||Donna M. Simon||29,674||23.6||1.3|
- Roy Freiman Candidate Profile, Somerset County Democrats. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- Legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- D'Elia, Gianluca. "2017 Election Guide: District 16 legislative race", Planet Princeton, November 5, 2017. Accessed January 16, 2018. "The longtime Hillsborough resident and member of the Hillsborough sustainable steering committee was a vice president in strategy and analytics at Prudential Financial from 1992 to 2016. Freiman earned his bachelor’s degree in business and managerial economics from the State University of New York College in Oneonta."
- Deak, Mike. "NJ Elections: Bateman survives difficult night for Republicans", Courier News, November 8, 2017. Accessed January 16, 2018. "And though Bateman was pleased by his victory, Election Night was "bittersweet" because his running mates, Mark Caliguire and Donna Simon, lost in their bid for Assembly seats to Democrats Andrew Zwicker, the incumbent, and newcomer Roy Freiman."
- Official List Candidates for General Assembly For General Election 11/07/2017 Election, New Jersey Department of State, dated November 29, 2017. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- Legislative Roster 2018-2019 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- District 16 Legislators, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 16, 2018.
- "2017-official-general-election-results-general-assembly.pdf" (PDF). New Jersey Secretary of State. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
|New Jersey General Assembly|
| Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 16th District
January 9, 2018 – present
With: Andrew Zwicker