|Length||350.3 km (217.7 mi)|
|National highways of Japan|
Expressways of Japan
National Route 17 (国道17号, Kokudō Jū-nana-gō) is a highway on the island of Honshu in Japan. It originates at Nihonbashi in Chūō, Tokyo, and terminates in the city of Niigata (the capital of Niigata Prefecture), where it meets National Routes 7, 8, 49, 113 and 116).
- Length: 351.1 km (217.7 mi)
- Origin: Nihonbashi, Chūō, Tokyo (originates at junction with Routes 1, 4, 6, 14, 15 and 20)
- Terminus: Chuo-ku, Niigata (ends at Junction with Routes 7, 8, 49, 113 and 116)
- Major cities: Saitama, Kumagaya, Takasaki, Maebashi, Shibukawa, Numata, Minami-Uonuma, Nagaoka, Sanjo
- 4 December 1952: First Class National Highway 17 (Tokyo to Niigata)
- 1 April 1965: General National Highway 17 (Tokyo to Niigata)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Route 17 (Japan).|
- "一般国道の路線別、都道府県別道路現���" [Road statistics by General National Highway route and prefecture] (PDF) (in Japanese). Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- 一般国道１7号 (in Japanese). Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Kanto Regional Development Bureau. Archived from the original on 30 July 2010. Retrieved 29 November 2010.