This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rostest is the largest organization of practical metrology and certification on the territory of the Russian Federation. The main goal of Rostest is governmental standards control aimed at ensuring and maintaining uniformity of measurements in industry, health care, communication systems, trading, military defense, and resource counting as well as environmental protection and other economic activities.
The Rostest specialists perform checking, calibrating, testing different means of measuring for approving the type, validation of the testing equipment as well as the methods of performing measurements.
Certification in Russia
The new Rostest mark of certification was introduced in Russia in 1992 and went into effect on 1 July 1993.
In order to import and sell goods in Russia it is necessary to draw up permissive documents, including Correspondence Certificates, Correspondence Declaration, and Letters of Refusal.
The main objective of Rostest is to draw up permissive certification documents. The institutions that cooperate with Rostest in Russia include: Russian Techno Regulation, Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES), Russian Consumer Rights' Supervision, RRIS (Russian Research Institute of Certification). On receiving the necessary Russian certificates any foreign manufacturers get an advantage over other manufacturers: they can offer their products with necessary documents and thus save money of distributors. If earlier distributors and Russian buyers of foreign products had to draw up the certification documents, so nowadays most Russian customers wish to purchase the products that already have all necessary Russian certificates.
The Rostest certification center cooperates directly with manufacturers and draws up the certificates according to different certification schemes. One of them is to draw up the documents for the series of products. This scheme allows transfer of a copy of the certificate to any Russian buyer or distributor.
Mission of Rostest
On the base of Rostest in Moscow they founded one of the first organs for certification of products and services and the quality systems within the system of obligatory certification in the early 1990s. The certification within the obligatory certification system (OCS) proves the safety of goods and services for people and the environment. This type of certification is necessary for importing and selling products into the territory of the Russian Federation. Rostest also owns one of Europe's largest testing centers where they perform testing of products, household appliances and consumer goods for their feasibility and quality in accordance with the requirements of Russian as well as international standards.
This section's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rostest owns a modern testing base and the most recent equipment. Rostest actively cooperates with the outstanding testing centers and laboratories in Russia as well as abroad. In the Rostest laboratories they perform tests in the sphere of obligatory as well as voluntary certification in order to prove the safety and quality of products in accordance with normative documents.
- "Знак соответствия при обязательной сертификации: ГОСТ Р 50460-92" [Conformity mark for mandatory certification: GOST R 50460-92] (in Russian). SertTest.ru. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- GOST 7.67: Country codes
- GOST 5284-84: Tushonka (canned stewed beef)
- GOST 7396: Standard for power plugs and sockets used in Russia and throughout the Commonwealth of Independent States
- GOST 10859: A 1964 character set for computers, includes non-ASCII/non-Unicode characters required when programming in the ALGOL programming language
- GOST 16876-71: A standard for Cyrillic-to-Latin transliteration
- GOST 27974-88: Programming language ALGOL 68
- GOST 27975-88: Programming language ALGOL 68 extended
- GOST 28147-89 block cipher – commonly referred to as just GOST in cryptography
- Replaced by GOST 7.79-2000 in 2002
- "ГОСТ 27974-88 Язык программирования АЛГОЛ 68" [GOST 27974-88 Programming language ALGOL 68] (PDF) (in Russian). GOST. 1988. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- "ГОСТ 27975-88 Язык программирования АЛГОЛ 68 расширенный" [GOST 27975-88 Programming language ALGOL 68 extended] (PDF) (in Russian). GOST. 1988. Retrieved 2018-12-28.