Romeo Kreinberg is an American–German business executive and former executive vice president for Performance Plastics & Chemicals at the Dow Chemical Company. Kreinberg was instrumental in the Fortune 100 company's reorganization in the 2000s. He serves as chairman of Befesa, an industrial waste manager and recycler, and Rain Carbon a manufacturer of chemical raw materials made from coal tar. Kreinberg is also a director of Orion Engineered Carbons and a former director of Dow Corning.
Kreinberg joined the Dow Chemical Company in 1977 after graduating from National University of Architecture and City Planning of Buenos Aires. He became marketing director of Dow Deutschland in 1991 and took the same position at Dow Italia in 1993. In 1995, Kreinberg became Dow’s global vice president for polyethylene and PET/PTA. He became president of the company’s polyethylene, polypropylene, and PET business in 2000. Dow Chemicals went through a reorganization in 2003, and Kreinberg became the head of its new Plastics division, which covered its polypropylene, PET, polystyrene, engineering thermoplastics, fabricated products, automotive, wire and cable, and rubber and elastomers businesses. Shortly thereafter, in January 2004, Kreinberg was appointed vice president of the company’s polyethylene business in addition to his role as senior vice president of the Plastics division.
Dow Chemicals reorganized again in 2005, and consolidated all of its businesses into two divisions: Basic Plastics & Chemicals and Performance Plastics & Chemicals. Kreinberg was appointed to lead the Performance Plastics & Chemicals division as its executive vice president. Later that year Kreinberg was appointed to the board of directors of Dow Corning.
Kreinberg was appointed to Dow Chemical’s executive leadership committee in 2007. The executive leadership committee replaced Dow’s Office of the Chief Executive, which Kreinberg joined in 2004. He left the Dow Chemical Company later that year.
Kreinberg is a graduate of The National University of Architecture and City Planning in Buenos Aires. He is fluent in six languages.
- Frank Esposito (September 19, 2005). "Dow designates two main units". Plastics News.
- Amendment No. 2 to FORM F-1 (Report). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. July 14, 2015. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- "Befesa Zinc Korea, held groundbreaking ceremony of the 2nd Kiln". BEFESA. October 1, 2014. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- Staff (May 11, 2005). "People on the move". The Detroit News.
- Staff (December 13, 2003). "Dow's new senior vice presidents introduced". Midland Daily News. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- Staff (February 5, 1993). "Romeo Kreinberg Appointed Managing Director of Dow Italia". Il Sole 24 Ore.
- Staff (April 12, 2000). "Dow Chemical Reorganizes, Announces Leadership Team". Chemical Week.
- Frank Esposito (December 15, 2003). "Dow COO announces major reorganization". Plastics News.
- Staff (February 1, 2004). "Dow divides". Canadian Chemical News.
- Frank Esposito (January 26, 2004). "Dow continues its administrative shuffle". Plastics News.
- Michelle Bryner (March 21, 2007). "Dow Restructures into Eight Business Units". Chemical Week.
- "Kreinberg Elected to Dow Corning Corporation Board of Directors". Dow Corning. May 4, 2005. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- "Romeo Kreinberg: Executive Profile & Biography". Business Week. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- "People: Orion Engineered Carbons SARL (OEC.N)". Reuters (UK). Retrieved January 14, 2015.