|Rockin' Every Night - Live in Japan|
|Live album by|
|Released||21 May 1983 (Japan)|
|Recorded||24–25 January 1983|
|Venue||Shinjuku Kousei Nenkin Hall, Tokyo, Japan|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Producer||Gary Moore and Nigel Walker|
|Gary Moore chronology|
Rockin' Every Night – Live in Japan is a live album recorded by Gary Moore at Tokyo Kōsei Nenkin Kaikan in 1983, during the Corridors of Power tour. Despite being released in Japan in 1983, it was not given a European release until 1986. The 2002 CD reissue included three live tracks recorded at the Marquee in London on 26 August 1982, originally from a bonus EP included with the first 25,000 vinyl copies of Moore's earlier album Corridors of Power.
The song "Sunset", which had been a staple of Moore's live setlist since 1980, is dedicated to the late Randy Rhoads, who had died several months prior. It was finally recorded in studio in 1982, for Cozy Powell's Tilt album. Keyboardist Don Airey had previously recorded and performed with Rhoads in Ozzy Osbourne's backing band during the Diary of a Madman tour.
All tracks written by Gary Moore, except where indicated.
|1.||"Rockin' Every Night"||Moore, Ian Paice||John Sloman||3:18|
|2.||"Wishing Well" (Free cover)||Paul Rodgers, Simon Kirke, Tetsu Yamauchi, John Bundrick, Paul Kossoff||Moore||4:54|
|3.||"I Can't Wait Until Tomorrow"||Moore, Sloman||12:04|
|5.||"White Knuckles" (instrumental)||3:48|
|6.||"Rockin' and Rollin'"||Sloman||4:05|
|7.||"Back on the Streets"||Moore||5:13|
|2002 CD reissue bonus tracks|
|9.||"Back on the Streets"||Charlie Huhn||5:09|
|10.||"Rockin' Every Night"||Moore, Paice||Huhn||2:55|
|11.||"Parisienne Walkways"||Moore, Phil Lynott||Moore||5:49|
- Gary Moore – guitars, lead vocals on tracks 2, 3 and 7, backing vocals
- John Sloman – lead vocals on tracks 1, 3, 4 and 6, backing vocals, keyboards
- Don Airey – keyboards
- Neil Murray – bass
- Ian Paice – drums, percussion
- Nigel Walker – producer, engineer
|1984||Australian Albums Chart||91|
|1986||Finnish Albums Chart||37|
- Prato, Greg. "Gary Moore Rockin' Every Night (Live in Japan) (EMI) review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Putterford, Mark (10 July 1986). "Gary Moore 'Rockin' Every Night'". Kerrang!. No. 124. London, UK: United Magazines ltd. p. 14.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (Illustrated ed.). St. Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 207. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Sisältää hitin: Levyt ja esittäjät Suomen musiikkilistoilla vuodesta 1961: MOK - MOY > Garu Moore". Sisältää hitin / Timo Pennanen. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
|This 1980s hard rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|