Seventeenth Century Clark House
The Dr. William Robinson Plantation House in fall of 2011
|Location||593 Madison Hill Road, Clark, New Jersey|
|Area||1.3 acres (0.53 ha)|
|NRHP reference #||74001193|
|Added to NRHP||November 19, 1974|
|Designated NJRHP||July 1, 1974|
The Robinson Plantation House is a historic house in Clark, New Jersey built around 1690 on territory that was part of the Elizabethtown Tract, and was once part of Rahway. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974 as Seventeenth Century Clark House. The 17th century frame house is characterized by its rubble stone foundation and massive fireplace foundation in the cellar, chamfered and carved summer beam, steeply pitched roof, crenellated chimney, diamond-paneled casement windows and broad overhanging corner pendants. A circa 1957 addition on the back contains modern utilities and the house was occupied as a residence until 1973, after which it became the Dr. Wm. Robinson Plantation & Museum.
The Squire Hartshorne House is another home from the 17th century located in Clark.
- Homestead Farm at Oak Ridge
- List of the oldest buildings in New Jersey
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New Jersey
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Union County, New Jersey
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Union County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. April 1, 2010. p. 19. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 7, 2009. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- "Dr. Wm. Robinson Plantation & Museum". Dr. Wm. Robinson Plantation & Museum. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Robinson Plantation House". New Jersey Art and Architecture. Richard Stockton University. Archived from the original on 2011-08-22. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- Squire Hartshorne House, www.oldhouses.com, retrieved 2011-07-07
- Dr. William Robinson Plantation Museum - official site
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Jersey museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|