|United States Ambassador to the Dominican Republic|
|Assumed office |
September 3, 2018
|Preceded by||Wally Brewster|
|Born||1953 (age 65–66)|
Bridgeton, New Jersey, U.S.
|Political party||Democratic Party (before 1986)|
Republican Party (1986–present)
|Alma mater||American University School of International Service (BA)|
George Washington University (MBA)
Robin Stein Bernstein (born 1953) is a Florida businesswoman who is the current United States Ambassador to the Dominican Republic.
Bernstein was born in Bridgeton, New Jersey and graduated from Bridgeton High School in 1972. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Language Area Studies from the American University School of International Service in 1975. She later earned a Master of Business Administration from the George Washington University School of Business in 1981.
She started off as a Democrat and served as a transition team member for Jimmy Carter and then worked around the Democratic Party until 1986, when she became a Republican. She was a founding member of Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club, and has been his insurance agent for many years, leading to concerns about potential conflicts of interest, especially given the Trump Organization's pursuit of a licensing deal in the Dominican Republic.
- "U.S. Ambassador to the Dominican Republic: Who Is Robin Bernstein?". AllGov. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "PN1203 — Robin S. Bernstein — Department of State". U.S. Congress. 2 November 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "On Trump's Latin America team: President Trump nominates Robin Bernstein as Ambassador to the Dominican Republic". Global Americans. 1 November 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- Kabas, Marisa. "Reported Trump Ambassador Pick Raises Conflict-of-Interest Questions". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Robin Bernstein, Richard S. Bernstein & Associates, Inc.