Robert II, Duke of Burgundy
|Duke of Burgundy|
|Reign||1272 - 1306|
|Died||21 March 1306 (aged 57–58)|
|Spouse||Agnes of France|
|Issue||Hugh V, Duke of Burgundy|
Blanche, Countess of Savoy
Margaret, Queen of France
Joan, Queen of France
Odo IV, Duke of Burgundy
Louis, Prince of Achaea
|House||House of Burgundy|
|Father||Hugh IV, Duke of Burgundy|
|Mother||Yolande of Dreux|
- Hugh V, Duke of Burgundy (1282–1315)
- Blanche (1288–1348), married Edward, Count of Savoy
- Margaret (1290–1315), married king Louis X of France
- Joan (1293–1348), married count of Maine and Valois, king Philip VI of France
- Odo IV, Duke of Burgundy (1295–1350)
- Louis, Prince of Achaea (1297–1316), married Matilda of Hainaut
- Mary (1298–1336) married Edward I, Count of Bar
- Robert, Count of Tonnerre (1302–1334), married Joanna, heiress of Tonnerre
In 1284, Robert was invested with the duchy of Dauphiné by Rudolf of Habsburg. This was followed by two years of warfare which was ended when King Philip IV of France paid Robert 20,000 livres tournois to renounce his claim to the Dauphiné.
Robert ended the practice of giving away parts of the Burgundian estate to younger sons and as dowries to the daughters. From then on, the whole duchy, however already diminished by earlier dowries, passed unfragmented to the eldest son.
- Bubenicek, Michelle (2002). Quand les femmes gouvernent: droit et politique au XIVe siècle:Yolande de Flandre, Droit et politique au XIV siecle. Ecole des Chartes.
- Cox, Eugene (1999). "The kingdom of Burgundy, the lands of the house of Savoy and adjacent territories". In Abulafia, David; McKitterick, Rosamond (eds.). The New Cambridge Medieval History: Volume 5, C.1198-c.1300. Cambridge University Press.
- Echols, Anne; Williams, Marty (1992). An Annotated Index of Medieval Women. Marcus Weiner Publishing Inc.
- Topping, Peter (1975). "The Morea, 1311-1460". In Hazard, Harry W. (ed.). A History of the Crusades: The Fourteenth and Fifteenth Centuries. Vol. III. The University of Wisconsin Press.
Robert II, Duke of BurgundyBorn: 1248 Died: 21 March 1306
| Duke of Burgundy