|Born||1935 (age 86)|
Robert Groves (born 1935, died 2018 ), known as Bob, was a British artist, and a co-founder of the Ikon Gallery in Birmingham, England, whose name he coined, inspired by his interest in icons
Recalling the creation of the Ikon Gallery, Groves said:
There was a paucity of places for artists to exhibit in Birmingham. We thought there must be scope to do something in the second city. But we wanted to do something with a bit more spice and there was definitely a real need for something a bit more contemporary in Birmingham at the time.
- "Robert Groves (b.1935)". Art UK. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Watkins, Jonathan; Stevenson, Diana, eds. (2004). "Interview - Robert Groves". Some of the best things in life happen accidentally: the beginning of Ikon. Birmingham, UK: Ikon Gallery. ISBN 1904864023.
- "Robert Groves: First Light". Ikon Gallery. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Abstraction at the RBSA". Royal Birmingham Society of Artists. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Ikon First Light". Ikon Gallery. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Norman, Joseph. "Some Of The Best Things In Life Happen Accidentally - At The Ikon | Culture24". Culture24. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Grousdanidou, Antonia (August 2010). The Production Of Space At Ikon Gallery, Birmingham: From Art Object To Art Institution 1963-1978 (PDF) (MPhil thesis). University of Birmingham. Retrieved 28 May 2018.