This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Robert A. Harris (date of birth unknown) is an American film historian, archivist, and film preservationist. Harris, often working with James C. Katz, has restored such films as Lawrence of Arabia, Vertigo, and My Fair Lady.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962), restored 1989
- Spartacus (1960), restored 1991
- My Fair Lady (1964), restored 1994
- Vertigo (1958), restored 1996
- Rear Window (1954), restored 2000
- Williamsburg: the Story of a Patriot (1956), restored 2004
- The Godfather (1972), restored 2008
- The Godfather Part II (1974), restored 2008
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963), restored 2013
- Triumph of the Will (1935), restored 2015
- Harris, Robert & Belton, John (2000). "Getting It Right: Robert Harris on Colour Restoration". Film History. Indiana University Press. 12 (4, Color Film): 393–409. doi:10.2979/FIL.2000.12.3.393. JSTOR 3815347.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)(registration required)
- Harris, Robert A. & Katz, James C. (December 1999). "Film Restoration on the eve of the Millennium: A View from the Trenches". In 70 mm: The 70 mm Newsletter (59). Retrieved February 5, 2020 – via in70mm.com.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
Awards and legacy
The Academy Film Archive of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is home to the Robert A. Harris Collection, which consists of film, video tape, and audio material related to Harris' restoration work; it includes over 1,100 items.
- "Film Restoration on the eve of the Millennium". in70mm.com.
- Belton, John (2000). "Getting It Right: Robert Harris on Color Restoration". Film History. 12 (4): 393–409. doi:10.2979/FIL.2000.12.3.344. JSTOR 3815347.
- St. John Erickson, Mark (March 31, 2017). "A red-letter day for history's longest-running film -- "Story of a Patriot"". Daily Press. Retrieved April 4, 2020.
- "The ASC -- American Cinematographer: Post Focus". theasc.com.
- "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963)". The Criterion Collection. Retrieved April 4, 2020.
- "Triumph of the Will [Blu-ray – 2K Remastered Edition]". Synapse Films. October 2, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2020.
- "Robert A. Harris". AFI Catalog.
- "International Press Academy to Honor Motion Picture Preservationist". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Robert A. Harris Collection". Academy Film Archive. April 4, 2020.
- Robert A. Harris on IMDb
- Yellow Layer Failure, Vinegar Syndrome and Miscellaneous Musings: Harris' column at The Digital Bits (2002–2009) Note, this is a site archive, and its hyperlinks have to be manually modified to allow viewing.
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|