July 2019 cover of the Robb Report.
(2018 to present)
|Former editors||Brett Anderson|
|Company||Penske Media Corporation|
|Based in||Los Angeles, California|
The Robb Report is an American, English-language, luxury-lifestyle magazine featuring products, including automobiles, aviation, boating, real estate and watches. Founded in 1976, it is currently owned by Penske Media Corporation. It also distributes Muse by Robb Report, a luxury magazine targeting female readers.
The Robb Report was founded in 1976 by Robert L "Rusty" White. Originally titled Twentieth Century Confederates, it began as a newsletter to sell his personal collection of Civil War memorabilia and Rolls-Royce automobiles. White distributed his newsletter to members of the Rolls-Royce Owners Club as mimeographed loose-leaf pages, and he provided a suede three-ring binder to paying subscribers. The publication matured into an advertorial, one of the first of its kind, catering to affluent clientele. The blend of advertising and editorial was broadcast to high-end, affluent consumers via advertisements in Architectural Digest.
In 2002, the "Robb Report" brand was sold for US$150 million to CurtCo Media, after which CurtCo was renamed Curtco Robb Media LLC. The Robb Report has partnered with Bespoke Collection to develop auction items for Auction Napa Valley. In 2014, Robb Report was acquired by Rockbridge, the private equity firm of Dan Gilbert, for $60 million. In 2017, Rockbridge created a joint venture for the Robb Report with Penske Media Corporation.
In April 2018, Robb Report launched Muse by Robb Report targeting female readership. The company publishes international versions of its magazine. In 2016 the number of international editions of Robb Report was sixteen.
- Bloomgarden-Smoke, Kara (4 June 2018). "Robb Report Names Editor in Chief". WWD. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- Masthead. Robb Report. July 2010 issue.
- Lorelei Marfil (April 21, 2016). "Robb Report Launches U.K. Edition". WWD. Retrieved May 5, 2016.
- Donoho, Ron (August 2005). "Journal". San Diego Magazine.
- Gregory Anderson (February 9, 2011). "Robb Report's Founder Tries A New Career in Antiques". Forbes.
- "Art and Wine" (PDF). Gentry: 76–79. June 2010.
- Keith Kelly (December 3, 2014). "Cavaliers owner Gilbert seals deal for Robb Report". New York Post. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- Dan Gilbert’s Robb Report joins forces with Penske Media nypost.com 2017/01/03
- Jessica Patterson. "Muse: Robb Report's new brand targeting female readership". FIPP. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- Jason Fell (24 October 2008). "Robb Report on Block, Again". Folio.
- Greg Dool (April 21, 2016). "Robb Report Launches UK Edition". Folio:. Retrieved May 26, 2020.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)