It operated many uranium mines and mills in the Elliot Lake region of Ontario, Canada, including the Lacnor Mine, Nordic Mine, Panel Mine, Pronto Mine, Quirke Mine, Milliken Mine, Stanleigh Mine, and the Spanish-American Mine. These operated from the 1950s to the 1990s.
It got ownership of a uranium mill in the Ambrosia Lake region of New Mexico when it purchased the Quivira Mining Corporation from Kerr-McGee in 1989. The mill had only been active from 1958-1985. However from 1989-2002 it produced uranium from recovered mine-water.
Mergers and acquisitions
- "Billiton_Trumps_Noranda,_Codelco_on_Rio_Algom_Bid". 2000. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Elliot Lake Uranium Mines". MiningWatch Canada. 2005-09-13. Archived from the original on 2010-05-21. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Environmental Assessment and Finding of No Significant Impact for Site Protection Measures From Surface Water Flow, License Amendment No. 59; Rio Algom Mining, LLC, Ambrosia Lake, NM--SUA-1473". U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2008-08-08. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "DECISION AND ORDER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY". United States Department of Energy. 1997-03-13. Archived from the original on 2009-09-02. Retrieved 2009-10-07. Case Number: VEA-0007
- V. McLemore (Feb 2007). "Uranium Mining Resources in New Mexico" (PDF). SME Annual Meeting. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
|This article about a mining-related corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|