This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Rikademus, Rick Simpson|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, engineer, audio mixer|
|Instruments||Drum programming, keyboard, guitar, vocals|
Rik Simpson (a.k.a. Rikademus) is a multi Grammy Award-winning British record producer, sound engineer, musician, and songwriter. He is most recently recognised for his production work with Coldplay on Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends (2008), Mylo Xyloto (2011), Ghost Stories (2014), A Head Full of Dreams (2015), Kaleidoscope EP (2017) and Everyday Life (2019). He has also gained critical acclaim for his work with Jay-Z, Portishead, Kasabian, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and PJ Harvey. In addition to the technical sides of recording and mixing, he often contributes musically, playing and singing on many of his productions.
- Morning Runner – "Gone Up in Flames" (single, 2005)
- Jay-Z feat. Chris Martin – "Beach Chair" (song, 2006)
- Some Velvet Morning – Silence Will Kill You (2007)
- Coldplay – Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends (2008)
- Coldplay – Prospekt's March (EP, 2008)
- Coldplay – LeftRightLeftRightLeft (2009)
- Natalie Imbruglia – Come to Life (2009)
- Coldplay – Mylo Xyloto (2011)
- Coldplay – "Atlas" (single, 2013)
- Coldplay – Ghost Stories (2014)
- Coldplay - A Head Full Of Dreams (2015)
- Coldplay - Kaleidoscope (EP, 2017)
- Coldplay - Everyday Life (2019)
Awards and nominations
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|2009||Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends||Best Rock Album||Won|
|Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2013||Mylo Xyloto||Best Rock Album||Nominated|
- "Rik Simpson Discography". Discogs. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
- "Rik Simpson recording Coldplay with sE Mics". sE Electronics. 27 October 2011. Archived from the original on 21 December 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Rik Simpson Discography | Production". Discogs. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Lipshutz, Jason (6 September 2013). "Coldplay Heads To 'Hunger Games' on 'Atlas' Single: Listen". Billboard. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|