This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long|
Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long's Title Card
|Theme music composer||Hoyt Curtin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||23|
|Running time||7 minutes per short|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions|
Screen Gems (1964–1974)|
Columbia Pictures Television (1974–1981)
Worldvision Enterprises (1981–1989)
Great American Broadcasting (1989–1991)
Turner Program Services (1991–1996)
Warner Bros. Television Distribution (1996–present)
|Original network||First-Run Syndication|
|Original release||January 14, 1964– December 4, 1966|
The Magilla Gorilla Show|
The Peter Potamus Show
Taking place in a Wild West setting, Ricochet Rabbit (voiced by Don Messick) worked as a sheriff in the town of Hoop 'n' Holler. Ricochet would bounce off stationary objects yelling "Bing-bing-bing!" His deputy Droop-a-Long Coyote (voiced by Mel Blanc impersonating Ken Curtis) was not as fast and was very clumsy.
In addition to his speed, which enabled him to outrun bullets, Ricochet used trick bullets against his opponents, including a bullet that would stop in mid-flight and strike the target with an impossibly oversized mallet, and another which would draw a target on his nose and punch it.
Ricochet Rabbit's catchphrase was "Ping, ping, PING!", followed by his name.
|1||Atchison, Topeka, & Sam Jose|
|2||Good Little Bad Guy||Credited Animators: Kenneth Muse, George Goepper|
|3||Cradle Robber||Credited Animators: Kenneth Muse, George Goepper|
|4||West Pest||Credited Animators: George Goepper, Kenneth Muse|
|5||TV Show||Credited Animators: George Goepper, Kenneth Muse|
|6||Annie Hoaxley||Credited Animators: Kenneth Muse, George Goepper|
|7||School Daze||Credited Animator: Irv Spence|
|8||Sheepy Wolf||Credited Animators: George Nicholas, George Goepper|
|9||Big Thinker||Credited Animators: Jerry Hathcock, Ed Parks, Don Patterson|
|10||Two Too Many||Credited Animators: George Nicholas, George Goepper|
|11||Bad Guys Are Good Guys|
|12||Itchy-Finger Gun Slinger|
|14||Slick Quick Gun|
|15||Mostly Ghostly||Credited Animators: Jerry Hathcock, Kenneth Muse|
|16||Will 'O The Whip|
|17||Cactus Ruckus||Credited Animators: Carlo Vinci, Hugh Fraser|
|19||El Loco, Loco, Loco, Loco, Diablo|
|20||Big Town Show Down|
|22||Red Riding Ricochet|
- Ricochet Rabbit and Droop-a-Long were seen in Yogi's Ark Lark.
- Ricochet Rabbit and Droop-a-Long were seen in the opening title of Yogi's Gang.
- Ricochet Rabbit made some appearances in Yogi's Treasure Hunt.
- Ricochet Rabbit makes a portrait cameo in the "Agent Penny" episode of the "Super Secret Secret" Squirrel segment of 2 Stupid Dogs.
- Ricochet Rabbit appears in the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law episode "X Gets the Crest" voiced by Mark Hamill. Droop-a-Long also makes a cameo.
In other languages
- Ricochet Rabbit & Droop-a-Long episode guide on BCDB
- Ricochet Rabbit at Don Markstein's Toonopedia. Archived from the original on January 14, 2017.