Richfield Township, Lucas County, Ohio
Township fire station at Richfield Center
Location of Richfield Township in Lucas County, Ohio
|• Total||22.5 sq mi (58.3 km2)|
|• Land||22.5 sq mi (58.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||71/sq mi (27.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086532|
Richfield Township is one of the eleven townships of Lucas County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 1,598 people in the township, 1,361 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Riga Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - north
- Sylvania Township - east
- Spencer Township - south
- Fulton Township, Fulton County - southwest corner
- Amboy Township, Fulton County - west
- Ogden Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Richfield township, Lucas County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.