Richfield Township, Henry County, Ohio
Soybean field on SR 65
Location of Richfield Township in Henry County
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||686 ft (209 m)|
|• Density||19/sq mi (7.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086296|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Damascus Township - north
- Weston Township, Wood County - northeast corner
- Milton Township, Wood County - east
- Jackson Township, Wood County - southeast corner
- Bartlow Township - south
- Marion Township - southwest corner
- Monroe Township - west
- Harrison Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- Ohio SR 65
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Richfield township, Henry County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.