Rice Richard Clayton
|Member of Parliament |
28 June 1841 – 29 July 1847
Serving with Charles Baillie-Hamilton
|Preceded by||Charles Baillie-Hamilton|
|Succeeded by||John Peter Deering|
|Born||15 November 1798|
Harleyford, Buckinghamshire, England
|Died||4 May 1879 (aged 80)|
Hedgerley Park, Buckinghamshire, England
Maria Amelia Nugent (m. 1832)
|Parents||Sir William Clayton, 4th Baronet|
|Alma mater||Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge|
Born in Harleyford, Buckinghamshire, Clayton was the fourth son of Sir William Clayton, 4th Baronet and Mary née East. He was first educated at Eton College, before attending Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in 1820 and a Master of Arts in 1824. He also entered Lincoln's Inn in 1819. In 1832, he married Maria Amelia Nugent, daughter of Sir George Nugent, 1st Baronet, and they had at least six children: Richard Nugent Clayton (born 1833); Francis Edmund Clayton (born 1844); Arthur John Clayton (born 1846); Maria Augusta; Louisa Maude; and Emily Rose.
- Rayment, Leigh (22 September 2018). "The House of Commons: Constituencies beginning with "A"". Leigh Rayment's Peerage Page. Archived from the original on 26 October 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- Venn, John, ed. (1898). Gonville and Caius College 1349–1897, containing a list of all known members of the college from the foundation to the present time, with biographical notes. Volume II: 1713–1897. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 166. Retrieved 26 October 2018 – via Google Books.
- Stooks Smith, Henry. (1973) [1844-1850]. Craig, F. W. S. (ed.). The Parliaments of England (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. pp. 15–17. ISBN 0-900178-13-2.
- Foster, Joseph (1881). The Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage of the British Empire for 1881. Westminster: Nichols and Sons. p. 124. Retrieved 26 October 2018 – via Google Books.
- Craig, F. W. S., ed. (1977). British Parliamentary Election Results 1832-1885 (1st ed.). London: Macmillan Press. p. 16. ISBN 978-1-349-02349-3.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Mr Rice Clayton
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for Aylesbury
With: Charles Baillie-Hamilton
John Peter Deering