Hilton at daughter Nicky's Fashion Show in March 2008
Richard Howard Hilton
August 17, 1955
|Alma mater||University of Denver (B.S., 1978)|
Kathy Hilton (m. 1979)
|Children||4, including Paris and Nicky Hilton|
Marilyn June Hawley
|Relatives||Steven M. Hilton (brother)|
Richard Howard "Rick" Hilton (born August 17, 1955) is an American businessman. He is the chairman and co-founder of Hilton & Hyland, a real estate brokerage firm based in Beverly Hills, California, that specializes in homes and estates in Beverly Hills, Holmby Hills, Bel-Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Hollywood Hills, as well as estates from Santa Barbara to San Diego.
Hilton was born in Los Angeles, California, the sixth of eight children to Marilyn June (née Hawley) and Barron Hilton, whose father was Hilton Hotel founder Conrad Hilton. In 1978, he graduated from the University of Denver with a degree in hotel and restaurant management. His brothers and sisters are: William Barron Hilton Jr. (born 1948), Hawley Anne Hilton (born 1949), Steven Michael Hilton (born 1950), David Alan Hilton (born 1952), Sharon Constance Hilton (born 1953), Daniel Kevin Hilton (born 1962), and Ronald Jeffrey Hilton (born 1963).
Hilton joined the New York office of Eastdil Secured, a real estate investment banking firm. He specialized in securing participation of institutional investors and pension funds in various transactions.
In 1984, he formed Hilton Realty Investment to handle commercial real estate. He obtained his broker license on November 29, 1985. Hilton and Jeffrey Hyland were issued a corporation license for their real estate firm Hilton & Hyland on July 26, 1993. Among their developments are Brentwood Country Estates. Former Million Dollar Listing cast members Chad Rogers and Josh Altman; Frank Robinson's daughter, Nichelle; Ron Kass's son, Robert; Anne Heche's former husband, Coleman Laffoon; Rayni Romito Williams and Branden Brent Williams, Richard D. Zanuck's daughter-in-law, Marisa, are among Hilton & Hyland's 106 salespeople. In 2013 Hilton & Hyland reported almost $2 billion in sales. Since 2006, Williams & Williams has been affiliated with the Hilton & Hyland Real Estate Inc. Both companies joined forces to develop and distribute projects in the highly competitive real estate luxury market.
Hilton has also been an executive producer on several of the television series featuring his famous daughters.
Hilton married Kathy Avanzino on November 24, 1979. They have four children: Paris Hilton (born February 17, 1981), Nicholai "Nicky" Hilton (born October 5, 1983), Barron Hilton II (born November 7, 1989), and Conrad Hughes Hilton III (born March 3, 1994). They live in Bel Air, Los Angeles. Hilton has two grandchildren, a girl named Lily Grace Victoria Rothschild, who was born to their daughter Nicky and her husband James Rothschild in 2016, as well as Teddy Marilyn Rothschild, born in 2017.
- "FamilySearch: Sign In to FamilySearch". FamilySearch.org. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- "Ancestry of Paris Hilton". Wargs.com. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- "Rick Hilton - Hilton & Hyland". HiltonHyland.com. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- "Eastdil Secured". Eastdil.com. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- "Hilton, Richard Howard" State of California Department of Real Estate, July 21, 2011
- "Hilton & Hyland Real Estate Inc" State of California Department of Real Estate, July 21, 2011]
- Rick Hilton Biography. TV.com. Accessed 1 March 2010.
- “Hilton&Hyland: About Rayni Williams”
- “Hilton&Hyland: About Branded Williams”
- "Salespersons Affiliated With License Number: 01160681" State of California Department of Real Estate 21 July 2011
- Erin Mendell, "How Rick & Kathy Hilton Built Their Empire: Raising Paris Hilton is just part of their résumé. Rick and Kathy Hilton on their path to a $300 million fortune." The Wall Street Journal, March 28, 2014.
- Kiefer, Peter (September 14, 2018). "THR's annual report on the pros making the biggest sales, including L.A.'s first-ever 10-figure listing". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- “Business Insider,”
- “Los Angeles Business Journal”
- "Passport to Paris", Daily Mail, November 5, 2005 – via Questia Online Library (subscription required).
- Booth Moore, Special occasion calls for a twist with Kathy Hilton, The Los Angeles Times, December 9, 2012
- "Nicky Hilton Rothschild Welcomes Daughter Lily Grace Victoria". People. July 8, 2016. <http://people.com/babies/nicky-hilton-rothschild-welcomes-daughter-teddy-marilyn/