Artlett engraved in the dotted manner. He carried out some figure-subjects, including Boulogne in 1805 and Boulogne in 1855, after John Absolon. Among his portraits were those of Lord Ashburton, after Sir Thomas Lawrence; Lord Lyndhurst, after Alfred Edward Chalon; the Right Hon. Henry Goulburn and Sir James Emerson Tennent, after George Richmond; George MacDonald, after George Reid; Lady Clementina Villiers, after Franz Xaver Winterhalter; and Mrs. Gladstone, after William Say.
- The Fawn, a statue by C. B. Birch;
- The Virgin Mother, a group by Albert-Ernest Carrier-Belleuse;
- The Leopard-Hunter, a statue by Jens Adolf Jerichau;
- The Day-Dream, a statue by Patrick MacDowell;
- The Veiled Vestal, a statue by Raffaelle Monti;
- Boadicea, a group by John Thomas;
- the equestrian statue of Viscount Hardinge, and Asia, one of the groups of the Albert Memorial, by John Henry Foley;
- Christ giving sight to the Blind Man, a group by John Denton Crittenden; and
- Perdita and Florizel and The Siren and the drowned Leander, groups by Joseph Durham.
- Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co. 1885–1900. .
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richard Austin Artlett.|