|Rhode Island's 2nd congressional district|
Rhode Island's 2nd congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
Rhode Island's 2nd congressional district is a congressional district in southern and western Rhode Island. The district is currently represented by Democrat James Langevin, who has represented the district since January 2001.
Cities and towns currently in the district
The district includes:
- the following communities in Providence County:
- all of Kent County
- all of Washington County
Recent presidential elections
|Election results from presidential races|
|2000||President||Al Gore 63 - George W. Bush 31%|
|2004||President||John Kerry 57 - George W. Bush 41%|
|2008||President||Barack Obama 61 - John McCain 37%|
|2012||President||Barack Obama 60 - Mitt Romney 38%|
|2016||President||Hillary Clinton 51 - Donald Trump 44%|
List of members representing the district
Historical district boundaries
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present