|Reynoldsburg High School|
6699 East Livingston Avenue
8579 Summit Road
|Coordinates||Coordinates: (Livingston Campus)|
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Reynoldsburg City School District|
|Academy principals||Tonya Bailey (Encore)|
Scott Bennett (eSTEM)
Donita Hampton (9X Impact)
Milton Folson (BELL)
Garla Brown (HS2)
|Color(s)||Purple and gold|
|Slogan||We Are... Raiders!|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Capital Conference|
|Mascot||Tanner the Raider|
|Rival||Pickerington High School Central|
Pickerington High School North
|Accreditation||Ohio Department of Education|
Reynoldsburg High School (RHS) is public high school located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States, and the only high school in the Reynoldsburg City School District. The school is divided into five academies housed at two separate campuses, each of which has its own principal and administrative team. Athletic teams are known as the Raiders, and school colors are purple and gold. RHS was established in 1870 and the Livingston Campus opened in 1961, followed by the Summit Campus in 2011.
The earliest known about RHS is a log cabin that served as the first school in Truro Township around 1819. By 1858, a two-story building was completed on the intersection of Jackson Street and Broadwyn Drive which housed The Reynoldsburg Union Academy. Organized in 1868 under superintendent Dr. Darlington J. Snyder, the school had 12 grades and graduated its’ first class of six students in 1871. The two-story brick building was eventually remodeled in 1925 and a third floor was added. The building is now currently Hannah J. Ashton Middle School. Now, RHS has two campuses of high schools, one on Livingston Avenue, which was opened in 1961, the other on Summit Road opened in 2011 when Reynoldsburg redesigned the high school system, using interest-based "academies" for students to get a better learning experience.
- Eric Fryer, professional baseball player in Major League Baseball (MLB)
- Mike Matheny, professional baseball player and manager in MLB
- Roosevelt Nix, professional football player in the National Football League (NFL)
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- Conn, Adam (June 21, 2007). "Columbus plays host to 332 teams in state tournament". Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- Lathy, Nat (May 7, 2003). "Matheny a vital component of Cardinals' arsenal". Northwest Columbus News. Google News. Retrieved September 18, 2014.