Church of St Peter the Poor Fisherman
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Revelstoke is a former civil parish, now in the parish of Newton and Noss, in the South Hams district, in the county of Devon, England. It has a church called Church of St Peter the Poor Fisherman. The parish contained the village of Noss Mayo. It was is in the Plympton St Mary district, and is located almost 2 miles south east of Newton Ferrers. In 1931 the civil parish had a population of 347. On the 1 April 1935 the parish was merged to create Newton and Noss.
The name "Revelstoke" means 'Outlying farm/settlement' with the incorporation of the Revel family name'.
- "Revelstoke, St Peter the Poor Fisherman - History, Travel, and accommodation information". Britain Express. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- Wilson, John Marius (1870). Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales.
- "Population Statistics Revelstoke Ch/CP through time". Vision of Britain. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Newton and Noss CP through time". Vision of Britain. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Revelstoke Key to English Place-names". The University of Nottingham. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Revelstoke.|
|This Devon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|