|Born:||April 29, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school:||Thomas County Central|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 6 / Pick: 211|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Reshard Cliett (born April 29, 1992) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at South Florida. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round (211th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
High school career
Cliett attended Thomas County Central High School in Thomasville, Georgia. While there, he was recorded running a 4.5 40-yard dash. He suffered a knee injury and missed his entire junior season. The next season, as a senior safety, he recorded 97 tackles and four interceptions. He received offers from South Florida, Georgia Southern, Eastern Kentucky and South Alabama.
Cliett selected to attend South Florida where he majored in interdisciplinary social science. As a freshman in 2010, he was redshirted and didn't appear in a game until the next season. In 2011, he appeared in nine game, both on defense and special teams. He recorded five tackles, 1.5 tackles-for-loss, a sack and one pass break up. In 2012, he appeared in 11 games, starting six at linebacker and he also played special teams. He recorded 40 tackles, two for-losses, a sack, three passes broken up and a fumble recovery. In 2013, he appeared in 11 games, starting 10. He recorded 56 tackles, seven for-losses, three pass break-ups and one sack. In 2014, he was named a team captain. For the season, he recorded 38 tackles, 7.5 for-losses and a team-leading six sacks.
For his college career, he recorded 134 total tackles, 16 for-losses, seven sacks, seven pass-break ups and two fumble recoveries.
During his pro-day work out, Cliett recorded a 4.4 and 4.5 second 40-yard dash. He also recorded a 38 1/2" vertical leap, a 10-foot 4 inch broad jump, a 4.53 second short shuttle, a 7.2 second 3-cone drill. He also recorded 21 reps of 225 pounds, and weighed in at 235 lbs..
Cliett was selected in the sixth round (211th overall) of the 2015 NFL draft by the Houston Texans. He signed his rookie contract on May 8, 2015. He was placed on injured reserve with an knee injury on September 1, 2015.
On September 3, 2016, Cliett was released by the Texans.
New York Jets
Kansas City Chiefs
On March 29, 2018, Cliett signed with the Minnesota Vikings. He was waived on September 1, 2018 and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Vikings on January 2, 2019. He was waived on August 31, 2019.
- "Reshard Cliett Stats". Retrieved April 24, 2016.
- "Reshard Cliett Draft Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved April 24, 2016.
- "2015 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Reshard Cliett Transactions". FoxSports.com. Retrieved April 24, 2016.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans down to 53-man roster". HoustonTexans.com. September 3, 2016. Archived from the original on August 26, 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Mason, Andrew. "Broncos add LB Reshard Cliett to practice squad". DenverBroncos.com.
- "Broncos sign LB Quentin Gause and TE Steven Scheu to practice squad". DenverBroncos.com. October 18, 2016.
- Lange, Randy (October 26, 2016). "LB Cliett, C Friend Signed to Practice Squad". NewYorkJets.com.
- Greenberg, Ethan (November 1, 2016). "Jets Add T Davis & WR White to Practice Squad". NewYorkJets.com.
- Urban, Darren (November 22, 2016). "Cardinals add vet LB Sio Moore". Blog.AZCardinals.com.
- Urban, Darren (December 6, 2016). "Punter Wile added to practice squad". Blog.AZCardinals.com.
- Urban, Darren (December 13, 2016). "Cardinals Switch Punters, Sign Scooby Wright". AZCardinals.com.
- Wolf, Jason (January 3, 2017). "Titans sign tight end Tim Semisch, linebacker Reshard Cliett". Tennesseean.com.
- Wyatt, Jim (May 15, 2017). "Titans Add Five to Roster, Including MTSU's Jimmy Staten". TitansOnline.com.
- Thorman, Joel (May 16, 2017). "Chiefs sign LB off waivers off the Titans, cut DB Jimmy Hall". ArrowheadPride.com.
- "Chiefs Waive LB Reshard Cliett, Sign DT Maurice Swain". NFLTradeRumors.com. August 6, 2017.
- Comeaux, Jonathan (August 12, 2017). "Chiefs Release LB Reshard Cliett From I.R. With Settlement".
- Smith, Eric (March 29, 2018). "Vikings Sign LB Reshard Cliett". Vikings.com.
- "Vikings Announce Roster Moves, Set Initial 53-Man Roster". Vikings.com. September 1, 2018.
- "Vikings Claim P Matt Wile Via Waivers, Sign 9 Others To Practice Squad". Vikings.com. September 2, 2018.
- "Vikings Announce Reserve / Future Free Agent Signings". Vikings.com. January 2, 2019.
- "Vikings Announce Roster Moves, Set Initial 53-Man Roster". Vikings.com. August 31, 2019.