RDFRA was founded in 1992 and is responsible for representing and furthering the interests of active service members of the Irish Reserve Defence Forces, which is made up of the Army Reserve (AR) and Naval Service Reserve (NSR). Membership is open to all officer and other ranked personnel of the Reserve. Funding comes from government subvention and annual membership deductions.
- Permanent Defence Force Other Ranks Representative Association (PDFORRA)
- Representative Association of Commissioned Officers (RACO)
- Ombudsman for the Defence Forces (ODF)
- "RDFRA". Reserve Defence Force Representative Association. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Green Paper Submission: "The Reserve And The Single Force Concept"". Robert Gilbey, Dept. of Defence. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Representative Organisations – Irish Defence Forces". Ombudsman for the Defence Forces Ireland (ODF). Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Reserve Defence Forces Representative Association". Small Firms Association (SFA). Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "Contact Us". RDFRA. Retrieved 30 December 2016.