|Local authority||London Borough of Barking and Dagenham|
|Managed by||London Overground, c2c|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London transport portal|
Renwick Road (referred to as Castle Green in council documents) is a proposed railway station between Barking and Barking Riverside on the under construction Gospel Oak to Barking Line Extension. The station was proposed during a consultation of the Gospel Oak to Barking Line extension as part of Alignment B, which was eventually chosen as the preferred option. The station can be built at a later stage with the site safeguarded for future building of the station.
In August 2017, the Government granted permission for the extension to Barking Riverside, safeguarding provision for a stop at Renwick Road and stating that a further extension across the River Thames should be likewise provisioned as necessary.
As part of the preferred route, a stop at Renwick Road on the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway was safeguarded for future construction. An alternative site near Alfred's Way was rejected, and all other options such as the nearby Freight Yards were considered unfeasible. The station would lie east of the proposed merge / diverge points with the Essex Thameside (Tilbury Loop Line) line along which c2c services operate, so whilst the station would not provide an interchange with c2c services, nor would the station's construction disrupt those services. The new station could generate 5,000 homes according to the document.
The proposal is identified in the Barking and Dagenham Local Plan 2037. The station would be located on Renwick Road and is linked with plans to divert the A13 road between Barking Creek and the London Sustainable Industries Park.
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
towards Gospel Oak
|Gospel Oak to Barking Line||Barking Riverside|
towards Abbey Wood
- Barking wants to bury a road and build a railway station ianvisits. 30 September 2020
- "Have your say on the proposed London Overground extension to Barking Riverside - Transport for London - Citizen Space". consultations.tfl.gov.uk. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Barking Riverside Extension Intermediate Station Feasibility Report" (PDF). Transport for London. December 2015.
- "Barking riverside extension: Transport and Works Act order". GOV.UK. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- Morton, Sophie. "Transport secretary approves Barking Riverside Overground extension". Barking and Dagenham Post. Retrieved 2020-04-15.