|"Red High Heels"|
|Single by Kellie Pickler|
|from the album Small Town Girl|
|Released||September 13, 2006|
|Kellie Pickler singles chronology|
"Red High Heels" is a song written by Chris Lindsey, Aimee Mayo, Karyn Rochelle, and co-written and recorded by American country music artist Kellie Pickler. The song was the debut single off her debut album Small Town Girl (2006).
"Red High Heels" peaked at number 15 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and number 64 on the Billboard Hot 100. The accompanying music video for the song, directed by Chris Hicky, features Pickler putting down her ex-boyfriend while celebrating with her girlfriends at a nightclub in said high heels. The song became her first to be certified Gold by the RIAA on June 2, 2009.
"Red High Heels" is an up-tempo country song, backed primarily by electric guitar. The song's female narrator, a young woman who is frustrated by a troubled past with a former ex, tells him that she'll move on in her "red high heels".
A music video, directed by Chris Hicky, was released in mid October; it features Pickler wearing denim jeans and red high heels. In the video, Pickler is shown approaching her ex-boyfriend as he is playing football. He starts to follow her but she pushes him away. She gets in her car with her girlfriends and drives to a nightclub, where she is shown performing on stage, with her band, as live entertainment. Her ex attempts to follow her to the club, but he is stopped at the door by the bouncer.
|Canada Country (Billboard)||31|
|US Billboard Hot 100||64|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||15|
|US Billboard Pop 100||69|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000*|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Frederick News Post: Kellie Pickler, Lady Antebellum rock the fair
- "Kellie Pickler Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- "Kellie Pickler Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kellie Pickler Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Billboard (Vol. 119, No. 3 ed.). Nielsen Business Media. January 20, 2007. p. 50. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- "American single certifications – Kellie Pickler – Red High Heels". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 26, 2015. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.