|The Inferno II|
|Presented by||Dave Mirra|
|No. of contestants||20|
|Opening theme||"Inferno" by Ill Kidd|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Original release||March 7 –|
June 20, 2005
Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Inferno II is the 10th season of the MTV reality game show, The Challenge (at the time known as Real World/Road Rules Challenge). The season is directly subsequent to Battle of the Sexes 2.
The Inferno II is the second of The Inferno series, with the original Inferno airing in 2004, and The Inferno 3 following in 2007. The show aired in 2005, and took place in Manzanillo, Mexico. This challenge was the same as The Inferno, except this time each team was allowed to choose only one "Inferno nominee" from the opposite team. This nominee had to win the "life shield" to save him or herself. The contestants in this challenge were grouped into two teams of "Good Guys" and "Bad Asses", representing the "heroes" and "villains" of their respective seasons.
Host: Dave Mirra
- Hang Tough: Contestants had to hang on monkey bars and try and knock their opponent off. The last player standing wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Dan vs. Jon
- Shack Attack: Each player will be shackled by the waist to a wall and must run across the field to retrieve a key that will unlock their harness. The first player to unlock their harness wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Tina vs. Robin
- Knock Your Block Off: Each contestant will wear a helmet with a block fastened on top. The object of the game is to try and knock the block off their opponent's head using a pugil stick. Whoever knocks their opponents block off wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Landon vs. Karamo
- That's A Wrap: The objective is to mummify yourself using a long spool of cloth. The first person to completely finish their spool and run across the field to their team flag wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Veronica vs. Jodi
- Balls In: Each player will be given five chances to get as many balls inside a basket. If a player steps out of the ring the basket is surrounded by, their ball is considered "dead." The player who has more baskets than their opponent wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Abram vs. Brad
- Patch Work: Each player will be harnessed to a bungee while wearing a gymsuit with 27 patches. The object is to rip off all the patches from the opposing player and place as many patches as they can in their basket. The player with the most patches in their basket wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Tonya vs. Julie
- Pegged: Each player must climb to the top of a wall using two pegs. The player who can get to the top of the wall and rip their flag off wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Landon vs. Dan
- Spinner: Each player will be strapped to a giant wheel and will be spun at different speeds. The player the holds on to their team flag the longest wins the Inferno.
- Played by: Tonya vs. Shavonda
|Episode||Gender||Winners||Life Shield||Inferno selections||Inferno game||Inferno outcome|
|#||Challenge||Good Guys||Bad Asses||Good Guys||Bad Asses||Winner||Loser|
|1||Surf Torture||Male||Bad Asses||Mike||Dan|
|2||Juice It Up||Bad Asses||Mike||CT||Jon||Hang Tough||Dan||Jon|
|3||X Marks the Spot||Female||Bad Asses||Robin||Tina|
|4||Run For Your Money||Good Guys||Mike||Derrick||Shack Attack||Tina||Robin|
|5[a]||Shirt Off My Back||Male||Good Guys||Mike||Karamo|
|6||Dodge Yer Balls||Bad Asses||Landon||CT||Landon||Knock Your Block Off||Landon||Karamo|
|7||Fill In The Gaps||Female||Bad Asses||Jodi||Veronica|
|8||Zip Up||Good Guys||Landon||CT||That's A Wrap||Veronica||Jodi|
|9||Never Ending Climb||Male||Good Guys||Mike||Abram|
|10||What A Drag||Bad Asses||Mike||CT||Brad||Balls In||Abram||Brad|
|11||Riddle Me This||Female||Good Guys||Julie||Tonya|
|12||Time To Ride||Bad Asses||Landon||Derrick||Patchwork||Tonya||Julie|
|13||If Memory Serves||Male||Good Guys||Landon||Dan|
|14||Crab Grab||Good Guys||Darrell||CT||Pegged||Landon||Dan|
|15||Heart Rate Bungee||Female||Good Guys||Shavonda||Tonya|
|16||Montezuma's Revenge||N/A||Good Guys|
- The contestant was saved by another contestant with a Life Saver
- The contestant won the Life Saver and saved themselves.
- The contestant won the Life Saver and put themselves in the Inferno.
- The contestant was placed in the Inferno by the Life Saver winner.
- The contestant is on the Bad Asses team.
- The contestant is on the Good Guys team.
- The contestant won the final challenge.
- The contestant lost the final challenge
- The contestant won the Life Saver and saved themselves.
- The contestant won the Life Saver but did not use it.
- The contestant was safe from the Inferno.
- The contestant was selected to go into the Inferno.
- The contestant was saved by the Life Saver winner.
- The contestant was selected to go into the Inferno and won.
- The contestant won the Life Saver, went into the Inferno and won.
- The contestant lost the Inferno and was eliminated.
- The contestant withdrew from the competition.
- Darrell, Jamie, Landon and Mike were the Good Guys remaining at the final challenge.
- Abram, CT, Derrick, Rachel, Tina, Tonya and Veronica were the final Bad Asses remaining.
- The Good Guys ended up winning the final challenge.
- It was said this would be Mike's final challenge so that he could focus on his professional wrestling career.
|Title||Original air date|
|1||124||"Surf Torture"||March 7, 2005|
|2||125||"Juice It Up"||March 14, 2005|
|3||126||"X Marks the Spot"||March 21, 2005|
|4||127||"Run for Your Money"||March 28, 2005|
|5||128||"Shirt Off My Back"||April 11, 2005|
|6||129||"Dodge Yer Balls"||April 11, 2005|
|7||130||"Fill In the Gaps"||April 18, 2005|
|8||131||"Zip Up"||April 25, 2005|
|9||132||"Never Ending Climb"||May 2, 2005|
|10||133||"What a Drag"||May 9, 2005|
|11||134||"Riddle Me This"||May 16, 2005|
|12||135||"Time to Ride"||May 23, 2005|
|13||136||"If Memory Serves"||May 30, 2005|
|14||137||"Crab Grab"||June 6, 2005|
|15||138||"Heart Rate Bungee"||June 13, 2005|
|16||139||"Montezuma's Revenge"||June 20, 2005|
Instead of a reunion special, a wrap-up special To Hell & Back: Hot Gossip from the Inferno 2 was aired on June 27, 2005. Unlike other Challenges before and after, there was no actual Reunion Show for the Inferno 2 due to payment issues and a cast protest at the time (this is according to Mike Mizanin's blog on his website).
- When Beth informed Robin that Tonya had told her about a romantic fling she had with Mark Long (whom Robin had developed a relationship with on Battle of the Sexes 2), Robin berated Tonya in front of the house, branding her a whore and a liar. Tonya then confronted Beth and when she refused to divulge the details of her conversation with Robin, Tonya threw Beth's clothes in the pool. Beth quit following the incident with Tonya in the fifth episode, claiming that she did not feel safe.
- In an attempt to get Tina the life-saver and have Beth thrown into the Inferno, the Bad Asses stuffed Tina's clothes with all of their money. When Robin realized this, she recruited Shavonda and Jamie to do the same for her. While they did seemingly collect the most money, both Robin and Tina counted wrong and could not qualify for the life-shield.
- Karamo elected not to participate in the "Dodge Yer Balls" mission because he did not want to get in the cold water.
- Mike went on an angry tirade when Landon wanted to stand in for him against Karamo in the Inferno, claiming he would look bad because he was being saved.
- The Bad Asses were enraged when they found out the Good Guys had plotted to change their vote depending on which girl was picked, and they ganged up on Jodi (who was sent in and chose Veronica), causing her to break down. While Jodi went on to beat Veronica in the mission beforehand, she was unable to defeat her in the Inferno.
- Abram went berserk when Tina suggested that he had an alliance with Mike, throwing a glass bottle across the house.
- Rachel, Tina, and Veronica harassed Tonya throughout the entire challenge, eventually giving themselves the nickname "The Mean Girls".
- After telling Darrell he would throw him in the Inferno if he won the life-saver, Landon watched on at the "Crab Grab" challenge, as Darrell sacrificed his teammates to guarantee himself the life-saver. The Good Guys won the mission, and Landon beat Dan in the Inferno.
- Tina and Tonya failed to keep up in the final challenge, sparking an abundance of frustration in their teammates.
- Following Abram's narrow victory over Brad in the Inferno, he got into a brief, but fiery argument with Darrell.
- In a last-ditch attempt to spare herself from the Inferno, Julie chose to take the more difficult, straight path at the "Time to Ride" mission. She failed and ultimately cost her team the win and $10,000.
- Tonya won an Inferno against Julie by only one patch.
- Landon was the only Good Guy to emerge from an Inferno victorious.
- Jodi jumped in the pool nude after losing a bet to Mike.
- After losing a heated wrestling match in which Landon was considered victorious (and Derrick suffered an ear injury) many of the challengers drew on Landon's back while he was passed out. When Derrick saw what was going on, he and CT decided to shave a spot on Landon's head, who after awaking and discovering it, chose to give himself a mohawk.
- Beth quit the competition at the beginning of Episode 5 after not feeling safe in the house following a heated altercation with Tonya.