This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Ready to Take a Chance Again"|
|Single by Barry Manilow|
|from the album Foul Play soundtrack|
|Genre||Pop, Easy Listening|
|Songwriter(s)||Charles Fox, Norman Gimbel|
|Producer(s)||Barry Manilow, Ron Dante|
|Barry Manilow singles chronology|
"Ready to Take a Chance Again" is a 1978 international hit single performed by Barry Manilow. The song was composed by Charles Fox, with lyrics by Fox's writing partner, Norman Gimbel. Manilow conceived and supervised the song's recording in partnership with Ron Dante.
The song recounts the experience of a despairing man who has been hurt by love and therefore has retreated into the safety of an emotional shell. His life then continues on a flat but even keel until he meets someone who causes him to consider taking a chance with love again.
Both the 45 RPM single and the track on Manilow's hit collections are monaural, despite being labeled otherwise. The only source for this song in true stereo is the original Foul Play soundtrack.
On September 10, 1978, "Ready to Take a Chance Again" entered the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart at position number 70; and on November 12, 1978 it peaked at number 11 (for two weeks). It spent 15 weeks on the chart. It reached number 5 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary Tracks chart. On the Cash Box chart, the song spent two weeks at number seven. In Canada, the song peaked at number four for two weeks.
In Germany, "Ready to Take a Chance Again" was backed with the re-release of "Mandy," which had been only a minor hit on its prior release.
- "Adult Contemporary - Volume 30, No. 10, December 02 1978". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Archived from the original on 2015-01-01. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Archived from the original on 2016-03-15. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Music: Top 100 Songs | Billboard Hot 100 Chart". Billboard.com. 1978-11-18. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Cash Box Top 100 11/25/78". 19 December 2014. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Cash Box YE Pop Singles - 1978". 29 October 2014. Archived from the original on 29 October 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2016-10-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)