|Rarandoi Veduka Chudham|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kalyan Krishna Kurasala|
|Produced by||Nagarjuna Akkineni|
|Written by||Kalyan Krishna Kurasala |
(story / dialogues)
Rakul Preet Singh
|Narrated by||Nagarjuna Akkineni|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
|Box office||₹50 crore|
Rarandoi Veduka Chudham (transl. Come, let's watch the celebrations) is a 2017 Telugu-language romantic comedy film, produced by Nagarjuna Akkineni on Annapurna Studios banner and directed by Kalyan Krishna Kurasala. It stars Naga Chaitanya, Rakul Preet Singh, Jagapathi Babu, Sampath Raj and Irshad. The music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad. Cinematography by N. Vishweshwar and editing by Gautham Raju. The film released on 26 May 2017.
The story begins in a village as a tale of three best friends: Krishna (Jagapathi Babu), Adinarayana (Sampath Raj), and Prabhakar (Irshad). Adi has a huge family, and one day, his elder sister Priya (Priya) gets engaged. Ten days before her wedding, she elopes, leaving behind a letter that she has loved another man and has gone to live with him. Due to some misunderstanding, Krishna is suspected, and the friendship turns into enmity. The story moves forward 25 years, with Bhrahmaramba (Rakul Preet Singh), the innocent and heavily pampered only daughter of Adi, who has little to no exposure to the outside world. She dreams of marrying a man who has the qualities of a prince, as said by her grandmother. Shiva (Naga Chaitanya), the son of Krishna, meets Bhrahmaramba in his brother Kishore's (Vennela Kishore) marriage with Bhramarambha's friend and falls in love with her at first sight. After playful encounters, they separate ways. Bhramarambha eventually comes to Vizag, Shiva's hometown, for her studies. She quickly finds out that Shiva lives in Vizag, and they spend a lot of time together, with her sharing everything with him. She tells him that she is not interested in a relationship with him. Shiva loves her, but in fear of rejection, does not reveal his love. Later they get into an argument, with Shiva revealing his love for her and being frustrated on her not having a clarity on her life and that she keeps waiting for a prince and does not realize what she has. Bhramarambha furiously returns home and accepts a marriage proposal by her cousin out of anger. The rest of the story is how Shiva finally makes Brahmaramba realize him as her prince and resolves disputes between both families.
- Naga Chaitanya as Shiva
- Rakul Preet Singh as Bhramaramba
- Jagapathi Babu as Krishna
- Sampath Raj as Adinarayana
- Irshad as Prabhakar
- Vennela Kishore as Kishore
- Kousalya as Kaushalya, Adi's wife
- Annapurna as Lakshmi, Adi's mother
- Chalapathi Rao as Suryanarayana, Adi's father
- Priya as Priya
- Anitha Chowdary as Shiva's sister
- Pruthviraj as Dorababu
- Banerjee as Banerjee
- Surekha Vani as Surekha
- Posani Krishna Murali as Rambabu
- Raghu Babu as Bhaskar
- Saptagiri as Bangaram
- Madhunandan as Ravi
- Satya Krishnan
- Thagubothu Ramesh as Govind
- Duvvasi Mohan
- Hyper Aadi
- Avantika Vandanapu as young Bhramarambha
|Rarandoi Veduka Chudham|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
The music was composed by Devi Sri Prasad and was released on Aditya Music Company. The audio function was grandly held on 21 May 2017 at Annapurna Studios.
|1.||"Raarandoi Veduka Choodham"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Ranjith, Gopika Poornima||4:18|
|2.||"Neevente Nenunte"||Sri Mani||Kapil, Shweta Mohan||3:50|
|4.||"Thakita Thakajham"||Sri Mani||Javed Ali||3:53|
|5.||"Break-Up"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Simha, Dhanunjay||3:39|
|6.||"Thakita Thakajham (Rock)"||Sri Mani||Javed Ali||3:24|
The director of the film is Kalyan Krishna Kurasala. The film's first look was released on 29 March 2017 on Ugadi by Nagarjuna through his official Facebook page. Naga Chaitanya shared through Twitter that two posters of the film were released at the same time since Producer Nagarjuna and director Kalyan Krishna was not able to decide which poster to go with. It was Naga Chaitanya's third collaboration with music director Devi Sri Prasad after 100% Love and Dhada and first collaboration with director Kalyan Krishna Kurasala.
Rarandoi Veduka Chudham, in two days collected a total gross of ₹11.86 Crores and a share of ₹5.84 Crores worldwide. In its first week, the film collected a total gross of ₹32 crores and a share of ₹18.50 Crores worldwide. Movie collected a total gross of ₹50 Crores and a share of ₹28 Crores worldwide in its lifetime run.
Firstpost gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "Rarandoi Veduka Choodham ends up being a crowd-pleasing film in the end. The trick lies in making you yearn for the feeling of being together, despite all odds. It’s the theme of most family dramas in Telugu films and Rarandoi Veduka Choodham is no different".
IndiaGlitz gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "A wafer-thin and predictable story, 'RVC' comes with an excellent characterization of the heroine, and largely fine performances. Proper spacing of songs was needed. All said, there are elements that could appeal to family audiences".
The Times of India gave 2.5 out of 5 stars stating "Rarandoi Veduka Chudham uses the age-old run-of-the-mill set-up to establish the story and its characters. As far as the plot is concerned, there is nothing new that one can expect from the family drama - fathers pampering their children, children falling in love with the enemy’s son and the clichés. Finally, when things are set to take an offbeat turn, a simple clarification of a misunderstanding brings the plot to a happy ending; bummer!".
Awards and nominations
|Date of ceremony||Award||Category||Recipient(s) and nominee(s)||Result||Ref.|
|17 December 2017||Zee Telugu Golden Awards||Favorite Film of the Year||Rarandoi Veduka Chudham||Won|||
|Entertainer Of The Year||Naga Chaitanya||Nominated|
|16 June 2018||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actress – Telugu||Rakul Preet Singh||Nominated|||
|14 &15 September 2018||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Lyricist – Telugu||Sri Mani||Nominated|||
|17 February 2019||TSR – TV9 National Film Awards||Best Actress Award||Rakul Preet Singh||Won|||
- "Ra Randoi Veduka Chudham (Banner)". Filmibeat.
- "Naga Chaitanya- Rakul Preet's Rarandoi Veduka Chudam joins 50 Cr club". The Hans India. 12 July 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Rarandoi Veduka Chudam collected Rs 50 crore gross at the worldwide box office in its lifetime". International Business Times. 6 October 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Ra Randoi Veduka Chudham (Direction)". Telugu Film Nagar.
- "Ra Randoi Veduka Chudham (Cast & Crew)". indiaglitz.
- "Nagarjuna releases son Naga Chaitanya's look in his upcoming film Rarandoi Veduka Chudham". 29 March 2017.
- "Rarandoi Veduka Chuddam day 2 box office collection: Naga-Rakul's film fares well on Saturday". International Business Times. 28 May 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- "Rarandoi Veduka Chuddam 7-day box office collection: Naga's film crosses Rs 30 crore mark in week 1". International Business Times. 2 June 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- "Rarandoi Veduka Chuddam beats Sachin: A Billion Dreams collection at US box office". International Business Times. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- "Rarandoi Veduka Choodham movie review: Struggles to find rhythm but ends up a crowd pleaser". Firstpost.
- "Rarandoi Veduka Chudham Review". IndiaGlitz.
- "RARANDOI VEDUKA CHUDHAM MOVIE REVIEW". TimesofIndia.
- "Zee Telugu Golden Awards 2017 winners list and photos". International Business Times. 1 January 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Zee Telugu Golden Awards 2017 nomination list: Baahubali 2 gets highest nods, will Prabhas get an award?". International Business Times. 19 December 2017. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "TELUGU NOMINATIONS FOR FILMFARE AWARDS SOUTH 2018". Filmfare. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "SIIMA Awards 2018 – List of nominations". Tollywood.net. 5 August 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Balakrishna, Nagarjuna and Keerthy Suresh among TSR-TV9 film award winners". The News Minute. 16 February 2019. Retrieved 27 December 2019.