Raphael Sealey was Professor of History at the University of California at Berkeley in California, United States, from 1967 to 2000, specialising in Ancient Greek history and law. On retirement, he became an Emeritus Professor. Before coming to Berkeley, he had taught at the University College of North Wales, at Queen Mary College, University of London, and at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Sealey's books include:
- A History of the Greek City States, 700-338 B.C. (Oakland: University of California Press, 1976).
- The Athenian Republic (State College: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1987).
- Women and Law in Classical Greece (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1990).
- Demosthenes and His Time (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1993).
- The Justice of the Greeks (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1994).
- "Fellows: George Cawkwell". University College Record: 7–9. 1987.
- "Raphael Sealey". Ancient History and Mediterranean Archaeology Emeriti Faculty. University of California at Berkeley, USA. Retrieved April 11, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Books › "Raphael Sealey"". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved April 11, 2012.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|