|Alternative spelling||Ranee, Raani|
Rani in the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia, sometimes spelled Ranee, is a Hindu/Sanskrit feminine given name. The term is the female form of the term for princely rulers in India and Southeast Asia and applies equally to the wife of a Raja or Rana.
Notable people named Rani
- Rani (actress) (born December 8, 1946 – died May 27, 1993), Pakistani actress and model.
- Rani Agrawal (born June 14, 1991), Indian actress.
- Rani Bhabani (born 1716 – died 1795), Indian philanthropist and zamindar.
- Rani Chandra (born October 12, 1976), Indian actress and winner of the Miss Kerala pageant.
- Rani Chatterjee (born November 3, 1984), Indian actress, dancer and presenter.
- Rani Chitralekha Bhonsle (born February 26, 1941), Indian political and social worker.
- Rani Gaidinliu (born January 26, 1915 – died February 17, 1993), Indian activist, spiritual and political leader.
- Rani Hamid (born 1944), Bangladeshi chess player.
- Rani Kamalesvaran (born 1971), an Australian singer, popular in the late 1990s
- Rani Karnaa (born 1939), Indian dancer.
- Rani Khedira (born January 27, 1994), German footballer.
- Rani Maria Vattalil (born January 29, 1954 – died February 25, 1995), Indian catholic religious, activist and missionary social worker.
- Rani Mukerji (born March 21, 1978), Indian actress.
- Rani Mundiasti (born October 4, 1984), Indonesian badminton player.
- Rani Price (born January 29, 1974), English television presenter.
- Rani Rampal (born December 4, 1994), Indian field hockey player.
- Rani Rashmoni (born 1793 – died 1861), Indian activist, businesswoman, philanthropist, zamindars and founder of the Dakshineswar Kali Temple.
- Rani Sharone (born 1978), American bassist and guitarist.
- Rani Taj (born October 3, 1993), British-Pakistani dhol player.
- Rani Vijaya Devi (born August 28, 1922 – died December 8, 2005), Indian princess and musician.
- Rani Yahya (born September 12, 1984), Brazilian mixed martial artist and Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner.
Notable people named Ranee
- Ranee Brylinski (born 1957), American mathematician
- Ranee Campen, Thai-British actress
- Ranee Lee (born 1942), Canadian jazz vocalist and musician
- Ranee Narah (born 1965), Indian politician
Notable people surnamed Rani
- Devika Rani (born March 30, 1908 – died March 9, 1994), Indian actress, singer and textile designer
- Pooja Rani (born February 17, 1991), Indian boxer
- Krishna Rani (born 2001), Bangladeshi footballer
- The Rani, from the British science-fiction television series Doctor Who.
- Rani Chandra, from 2007's British science fiction television The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- Rani, from the Disney franchise Disney Fairies.
- Rani Kapoor, from the Australian soap opera Neighbours.
- The Rani of Cooch Naheen, from the Salman Rushdie's novel, Midnight's Children.
- Rani, the leader of the Night Pride and love interest of Kion in The Lion Guard.